• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino on Radio New Zealand

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
A friend has told me that this coming Sunday 20 Feb, at 5pm on Radio New Zealand, the programme 'Spiritual Outlook' will have a Camino-related interview. Mike, the interviewer, talked to Archbishop John Dew of Wellington and Sheena, a friend of his. 'Both coming at it from different angles' my friend says.

Later the programme will be able to listened to from the website. http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/spiritualoutlook (However, I am not sure if this will be accessible outside New Zealand or not.)
Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Margaret, I will tune my radio to hear the interesting interview of the Camino from Archbishop John Dew of Wellington and his friend Sheena. The radio dropped and lost its aerial which is needed for the MW band during the earthquake in September but will get another one.
Cheers.
Joe

JALAN JAUH said:
Thank you Margaret, I will tune my radio to hear the interesting interview of the Camino from Archbishop John Dew of Wellington and his friend Sheena. The radio dropped and lost its aerial which is needed for the MW band during the earthquake in September but will get another one.
Cheers.
Joe
Hi Joe...Oopps I realise that is confusing.... I think Sheena is a friend of the interviewer Mike. If you do miss the interview on the radio, I think a podcast appears on the website the following week anyhow.
Hope you are going OK after the earthquake, but I know it is a long process with continuing aftershocks and repairs necessary for so many.
Margaret

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
SORRY- wrong week- 27th is the date!

Sorry everyone- wrong week. My friend just told me she was a week ahead of herself. The Camino programme will be on Radio New Zealand at 5pm on the 27th Feb- not today.
Sorry Granpa Joe- Hope you haven't been out rushing around trying to get an aerial in a hurry today...
Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for letting me know of the Radio New Zealand Spiritual Outlook program; although the Camino interview is for next week I listened to this week's offering and it was worth listening. It was informative, touched on controversial subjects, but all done in a fair non-judgmental manner.

I have found the FM frequency for his station; and have locked on to it for next week's show. I live near Cant U and the next time you are in CHC do drop in for a cuppa. Might even invite the Vicar of Christchurch Cathedral and the Anglican Bishop of Christchurch - both have done the Camino.

Cheers

Grandpa Joe

Grandpa Joe, My thoughts are with you and your loved ones in Christchurch.
I don't think anyone can be sure about radio/TV schedules for the coming days after today's disastrous quake. I guess it is possible the scheduling of this programme might yet be delayed.
Margaret

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
have been watching the TVNZ news being relayed to ABC 24 here in Australia. Things look pretty horrific. Thinking of you Grandpa Joe. I used to live about 4 doors up from the Pyne Gould Guiness building - a most bueatiful spot - we used to take our dinner out an eat it on the banks of the Avon. The skyline will have changed considerably now. We are all thinking of you and everyone else who must be struggling so much at this time. Janet

I've been told by a Radio NZ source that 'it looks like normal weekend programming will be suspended in order to give full attention to the disaster relief and recovery efforts.'

He said that If this occurs, the Camino programme will play the following Sunday, 6 March.

Margaret

Margaret:

I was thinking about you as the tragic news of the earthquake unfolded. From you posts, you are obviously OK. Like others, my thoughts (and that of other Canadians) are with you and your country persons during a very difficult time.

Our shared experience and interest in the Camino brings us a little closer, making the world a bit more personal and connected, as it should be.

All the best

Peter

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Peter, I live a long way from the epicentre and am fine, though I am quite concerned about an elderly Aunty and Uncle whose home has been badly damaged.

Grandpa Joe, who commented earlier in this thread, lives in Christchurch. The Dean of the Anglican Cathedral, part of which has collapsed -with up to 22 bodies thought to be under the rubble- has also walked the Camino.

It is a terrible tragedy, and it seems likely there are dead from some 20 countries. Thank you for your support and thoughts.
Margaret

From a Radio New Zealand source, I have been told that..."the Camino edition of Spiritual Outlook is once again deferred for a week, due to extended news coverage of the Quake in ChCh."

He expects that the programme will probably now air on Sunday 13 March after the 5 pm news and weather, on National Radio.
Margaret

I listened to a recording of this broadcast and thought it very well done. Loved the background music too. Both people interviewed were articulate and got the feeling of walking the Camino acrss very well. Janet

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.