Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo in ... late March - April

peltsi

I have planned to go in late March .. early April. Is it too early? Any potential issues I need to know?

Many thanks ...

Peltsi

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
still quite wintery and wet, you might find snow in some higher areas like Hospitales, most likely plenty of water, puddles and mud. During Easter, (around april 18th, i believe, but I am not sure), chances are it might be quite busy with Spaniards going for a few days. Good thing is, days will be fairly long by then...

Hola

I went Norte/Primitivo mid March-mid April from Irun and had a fantastic experience.
Albergues will be open, pilgrims to share your time with, solitude.
There may be snow. Who knows.
Bring a little more cash to be more fit for the unexpected.
And yes. Prepare for uphill and downhill :)

Buen Camino

Lettinggo

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will be on the Camino Primitivo from 13th april and i can't wait to start walking once again! Maybe we will meet...

Walking primitivo april 12th for two weeks in 2014. Spent same two wks last yr finishing camino norde. Wat to expect is cold warm sunny dry wet mud dust and everything else the camino can throw at u. Embrace it all. That why we do it.
Buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have planned to go in late March .. early April. Is it too early? Any potential issues I need to know?

Many thanks ...

Peltsi

Hi there! I am planning to start in SJPdP the first week of April.
We need to be ready for snow and great festivities during Semana Santa!

Many thanks ...

Peltsi
The Primitivo goes over a few high passes. If you take clothes that will make layers in case of cold, have good waterproofs and listen to local advice (if the weather is bad) it should be fine. Build in a couple of extra days to allow for stop-overs (seeing Lugo etc) or other need. If you have the CSJ guide to the Primitivo (Caminos del Norte F) then it gives good directions and also advice on alternative routes, accomodation etc
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back