1. New here?
    We have accumulated over 10 years of Camino Questions and Answers.
    Please Sign Up and plan your camino with us. Buen Camino! Ivar

Casa Anita Albergue

Discussion in 'Via de la Plata albergues, pensions and hostals' started by msb1932, Oct 30, 2012.

1. msb1932

msb1932 New Member

They are closing for the season, November 1st through February 28th 2013 unless you are a large group.

2. alansykes

alansykes Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    VdlP (Nov 2010).
    VdlP (Nov-Dec 2012)
    Madrid/Levante (Nov-Dec 2013)
    That's a nuisance. Anybody got any advice on alternatives in the next week? - ideally I'd like to stay in Calzadilla de Tera, which is not far off half way between Tabara and Mombuey. (The CSJ guide says "new refugio reported" [my italics])

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Nunca se camina solo

Alan the municipal albergue just a few hundred yards farther on in Santa Marta de Tera will most likely be open?

Dirección: Al pie de la N-525, junto a la iglesia parroquial de Santa Marta de Tera
    Localidad: Santa Marta de Tera (Zamora).
    Teléfono de contacto: 980 649 050 (Ayuntamiento), 980 64 92 59 (Bar Stop)
    Propiedad del albergue: Municipal
    Institución o administración encargada de los costes de mantenimiento: Ayuntamiento de Santa Marta / Camarzana de Tera
    Persona encargada de atender el albergue: María del Mar
    En caso de estar el albergue cerrado: Hay que recoger las llaves en el Bar Stop (Teléfono 980 64 92 59).
    Observaciones: En la planta de arriba del albergue hay un hogar de jubilados.

4. peregrina2000

peregrina2000 Well-Known Member Donating Member

Hi, Alan,

My Vdlp was in May 2010, so I don't have the latest information. But I do know that there is an albergue in Vilar de Farfon. An English speaking family has moved into an old home on the way out of the village on the left. They have four beds for pilgrims. You can see about their place here:
    http://www.pilgrimmission.org/pilgrim_refugio_new.html

The only other new albergue I know about is in Faramontanos de Tabara, but that's a few kms before Tabara and not likely to be much help for you. But when I stopped in the bar for a fanta de limon the owner told me very proudly about their new four bed albergue.

Buen camino, it's fun following you from afar. Laurie

p.s. I checked out the two Spanish websites. Mundicamino reports that in Calzadilla de Tera "A local spot serves as the municipal albergue." It says the same thing about Olleros de Tera, the next town after Calzadilla.

Eroski gives a bit more information: The albergue in Calzadilla is next to the doctor's office. Phone: 980 645 845 (Ayuntamiento). Francisco Ramos is in charge, who lives there on Calle Olleros, 9. The albergue is on the floor above the "Hogar del Jubilado" (retired folks center).
    No bar, no kitchen in the albergue, but there is a small store and an excellent panaderia, according to commentaries. Others suggested that if you don't have food to eat, walk a km to Calzada de Tera, about 1 km away and eat at Bar Blanco.

5. alansykes

alansykes Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    VdlP (Nov 2010).
    VdlP (Nov-Dec 2012)
    Madrid/Levante (Nov-Dec 2013)
    Thanks all. It looks as if there will be plenty of different choices depending on how far I feel like going tomorrow. I find knowing that there will be a bed (or mattress, or at least roof) somewhere is almost the most important thing - nagging uncertainty as you arrive at a small village as dusk is falling and it's an hour or more to the next place is a horrible feeling.

Under normal circumstances I would probably detour before Sta Croya de Tera, but it seems silly to miss the lovely church and sculpture at Santa Marta just to save 2-3km.