• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2014

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sarah, it's natural to feel apprehensive at this point - I know I did just before we did the route last year (2013). You will not only have an amazing time, meet so many wonderful people, and see so much more than you could ever visualize, once you get back home, you will be wanting to turn around and start all over again! Be aware that at times you will wonder what you are doing, want to give up, and even find yourself crying (not only with the joy, but also the pain at times). But, as so many others have said before me, you will be totally changed by your experience. And reaching Santiago is a very moving experience. I have to admit to feeling quite nostalgic as I read of everybody preparing to make the trip this year - we hope to go back to Spain next year, but it will be for the Camino de Norte. Then we hope to walk the Camino de Frances in 2016, although we aren't getting any younger (hubby is 73 and I am 66). Ever onwards :)

Thanks for the encouragement! In the end I know this is going to be one of the best things I could ever do for myself. It has been very encouraging to read about everyone else's experiences. I'm both looking forward to it and trying not to bite off all my fingernails in moments of anxiety! :)

The 16th May is coming faster and faster - time to start relaxing and getting mentally prepared for the walk - does anyone have a thought on how many songs I should have on my iPod - I guess working on 8 hours a day for 40 days us a little rude as I assume I will need to talk to people :)

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app
Hi Larry, I asked friends and family to suggest songs that would help me if I needed inspiration/motivation/or just a smile on a long hard day. Day 7 was that day for me - and I'm sure there will be others. The songs were such a help to make it through when I didn't think I wanted to walk anymore. It wasn't the songs themselves - although they were good tracks, but also knowing the love and support and encouragement that was behind them. I have a spotify account, so I downloaded them for free, onto my tablet. I also have my iPod with me, with my own music, but so far I haven't used it once. And the birdsong has also offered a lovely soundtrack along the way :).

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Larry, I asked friends and family to suggest songs that would help me if I needed inspiration/motivation/or just a smile on a long hard day. Day 7 was that day for me - and I'm sure there will be others. The songs were such a help to make it through when I didn't think I wanted to walk anymore. It wasn't the songs themselves - although they were good tracks, but also knowing the love and support and encouragement that was behind them. I have a spotify account, so I downloaded them for free, onto my tablet. I also have my iPod with me, with my own music, but so far I haven't used it once. And the birdsong has also offered a lovely soundtrack along the way :).

The Proclaimers - 500 miles?

Hi Sariah,

How are you? I've read a couple of your recent posts. When are you planning to head off from SJPP? Have you ever done a walk like this before?

Chris

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Erin, I certainly would look out for you but I'm actually planning to start around Mid May
I hope you have lots of fun though
Take care
Chris

Hi Sariah,

How are you? I've read a couple of your recent posts. When are you planning to head off from SJPP? Have you ever done a walk like this before?

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris,
I plan on starting from Roncesvalles on May 8th. Other than some day hikes, I've never done anything close to this before. It's going to to be interesting and challenging! What about you?

Hi Sariah,

Chris

Hi Chris,
I plan on starting from Roncesvalles on May 8th. Other than some day hikes, I've never done anything close to this before. It's going to to be interesting and challenging! What about you?[/quote]
Oh okay that sounds great. I'm actually still working out where I will start. It will either be SJPP or further back into France.
At this stage I think it will be sometime in the second week of May
It will be a fantastic experience for all of us I'm sure

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi SherreeLynn
I just read you post and it is Easter morning my wife is still sleeping so this is my quite time. I hope that you are on your Camino. I hope that your Easter is giving you what you are looking for. I too just retired a few months back and I too am looking for my next act, or chapter in my life. This Camino to me which I will start this September is my turning point. I totally understand what you are saying. May God bless you
Buen Camino

We are flying to Amsterdam this Wednesday and will be starting our walk May 1! There is such a quiet resolve for me - this is something I must do. I am excited, yes, but there is an almost zen-like peacefulness to our preparations. I wish you all the best as you prepare.

That's it then, after all the long 18 months or so of planning and preparing, the final piece of the jigsaw has just been slotted into place.:D

With a bit of good fortune, at 1800hrs on the 24th May, courtesy of Caroline at Express Bouricott I will be sharing a taxi from Biarritz to StJPDP to stay overnight at L'Esprit du Chemin ready to start my Camino on Sunday 25th May with a walk to Orisson. :)

I say "with a bit of good fortune" because I have a potential problem at the moment.

Given the lovely thread started by Al the Optimist -'A moment of thought.......' and posts by many others elsewhere in the forum I don't want to go into detail about my concerns in this post, because my troubles are nothing compared to the trials and tribulations others are experiencing:eek:. (If you really want to know have a look at my blog below).

My heart has gone out to the many pilgrims I have read about who have cancelled or cut short their Camino for a wide range of reasons. I think I'm starting to get a 'personal' feeling for how it must have felt for them as I face up to the reality that I too may be forced to postpone...........
............. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad:

Meanwhile, to everyone on a Camino now, planning to go and have already been,
BUEN CAMINO!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I hope you'll be able to make it John, you have the exact same planning as I do, only you'll be starting a month after I leave. Buen Camino!

I see quite a few May 2014 on this thread but no dates. My daughter and I are starting May 30/31 not sure yet which day. Anyone else heading out those days. We fly into Bordeaux May 29 and depending if it takes 1 or 2 days to get to SJPP will depend on when we start. Looking for taxi share for the 29th from Bayonne or Biarritz.

I see quite a few May 2014 on this thread but no dates. My daughter and I are starting May 30/31 not sure yet which day. Anyone else heading out those days. We fly into Bordeaux May 29 and depending if it takes 1 or 2 days to get to SJPP will depend on when we start. Looking for taxi share for the 29th from Bayonne or Biarritz.

You will have an awesome time Paladycamino!! My wife and I went last year mid August to mid September. We met at California, PA (college) right near you!! Celebrated our 26th anniversary on the Camino!! Have fun, buen Camino!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's it then, after all the long 18 months or so of planning and preparing, the final piece of the jigsaw has just been slotted into place.:D

With a bit of good fortune, at 1800hrs on the 24th May, courtesy of Caroline at Express Bouricott I will be sharing a taxi from Biarritz to StJPDP to stay overnight at L'Esprit du Chemin ready to start my Camino on Sunday 25th May with a walk to Orisson. :)

I say "with a bit of good fortune" because I have a potential problem at the moment.

Given the lovely thread started by Al the Optimist -'A moment of thought.......' and posts by many others elsewhere in the forum I don't want to go into detail about my concerns in this post, because my troubles are nothing compared to the trials and tribulations others are experiencing:eek:. (If you really want to know have a look at my blog below).

My heart has gone out to the many pilgrims I have read about who have cancelled or cut short their Camino for a wide range of reasons. I think I'm starting to get a 'personal' feeling for how it must have felt for them as I face up to the reality that I too may be forced to postpone...........

BUEN CAMINO!

Hope it's nothing serious, John. I know you have been planning for a long time. I am sure everything will work out and you will be ready to go next month!!! If you are still having problems breathing when walking, maybe you could write the messages down and pick up stones when you get close to Cruz de Ferro and attach the paper messages to stones :) Good luck, John!! Buen Camino. (Hey, maybe I could take another month off work and carry the stones for you :D )

Jim

My husband and I are flying out from Sydney Australia on 2nd october and starting from SJPP on the 6th and taking around 45 days. This is our first camino and we are both excited. As we both work, we try to walk at least an hour each day in the afternoons and longer walks on the weekends. Is there anyone else walking at this time?

Hope it's nothing serious, John. I know you have been planning for a long time. I am sure everything will work out and you will be ready to go next month!!! If you are still having problems breathing when walking, maybe you could write the messages down and pick up stones when you get close to Cruz de Ferro and attach the paper messages to stones :) Good luck, John!! Buen Camino. (Hey, maybe I could take another month off work and carry the stones for you :D )

Jim

Thanks Jim.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We are flying to Amsterdam this Wednesday and will be starting our walk May 1! There is such a quiet resolve for me - this is something I must do. I am excited, yes, but there is an almost zen-like peacefulness to our preparations. I wish you all the best as you prepare.
Thank you for your thoughts. You will be a few months ahead of me but un the less as I prepare I too an thinking of all that have gone before. I am excited for you and for what you are about to do Buen Camino. Be careful in Amsterdam and be sure to stay away from the "Bulldog".

Hi
I will also start on June 1st from SJPP. I will fly to BCN on May 30, get a train to Pamplona an spend the night at Corazon Puro. Next day they will take me to SJPP. I am 46 yo and I am from Romania.

PS You can check on "Events" who will be around.

Yes I have also emailed the taxi company and checked the carpool page. Just figured throw it out there one more time. But thanks, probably will see you crios339 on the way. I did check out Events and did not see anyone starting on the 30th or 31st of May.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

BUEN CAMINO!
Hi john,
I hope you are able to walk your Camino as/when planned! I stayed at l'esprit, and then orrison at the start of mine, and it was such a great way to start - they are both great places! I am in burgos tonight, and am currently walking with a friend I met at l' esprit, and today also met up with other friends met at orrison. All the best! Buen Camino :) pixy

Hi stephanie,
I got a response from you earlier. I am arriving Madrid May 18th. Walking by myself starting in SJPP. I hope to meet along the way. Are you starting on the 18th from SJPP?
Hey Painter and welcome to the forum! Are you starting your Camino in SJPP? Are you doing the Camino Frances? If so I will be starting a few days (May18th) after you. Meditative walking is great and I plan on doing my fair share too. Take care and if you go really slow we may meet up ; )
Stefania[/quote

Camino Portuguese starting from Porto on May 23rd, from Matosinhos and walking along the Atlantic Ocean. Taking my time on the way to SdC so that I can enjoy the countryside and the food (especially the pasteis de natas which I adore). Planning on a combination of albergues and small hotels. This will be the celebration of my 65th birthday, can hardly wait!!! Hope others are walking then, I have put my event on the new calendar

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi john,
I hope you are able to walk your Camino as/when planned! I stayed at l'esprit, and then orrison at the start of mine, and it was such a great way to start - they are both great places! I am in burgos tonight, and am currently walking with a friend I met at l' esprit, and today also met up with other friends met at orrison. All the best! Buen Camino :) pixy
Have a lovely time Pixy. Thanks for your kind words.
Buen Camino.

Hi stephanie,
I got a response from you earlier. I am arriving Madrid May 18th. Walking by myself starting in SJPP. I hope to meet along the way. Are you starting on the 18th from SJPP?
Hi Cyndy!
I will leave SJPP on the 18th of May. I am going to be with a group until we arrive in Pamplona May 21 then I will be on my own. We are staying in Orisson the 1st night which is why we won't get to Pamplona until the 21st. What day are you leaving SJPP? Hope to meet you somewhere along the way : )
Buen Camino
Stefania

Hi Stephanie!
Looks like you might be ahead of me by a day or two. Are you planning on spending much time in Santiago? If so maybe I will see you there.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Stephanie!
Looks like you might be ahead of me by a day or two. Are you planning on spending much time in Santiago? If so maybe I will see you there.
That's a good question Cyndy : )
It will depend on how my hike progresses. I am trying to just let it happen and if I go slow or somewhat faster than I imagine I think I have some leeway so I could be there when you arrive. How fast do you expect to walk? I think on slight ups and downs of straight aways I will go about 5 kilometers per hour but less on the hard parts. That's without counting breaks for café con leche and food or water or scenery, or visiting ....
Stefania

That's a good question Cyndy : )
It will depend on how my hike progresses. I am trying to just let it happen and if I go slow or somewhat faster than I imagine I think I have some leeway so I could be there when you arrive. How fast do you expect to walk? I think on slight ups and downs of straight aways I will go about 5 kilometers per hour but less on the hard parts. That's without counting breaks for café con leche and food or water or scenery, or visiting ....
Stefania
Yes it is hard to say that is about my average without breaks. Not so sure how my knees will hold up walking every day. I have planned at least 6 weeks if needed. Since I have waited 40 yrs I want to enjoy the journey. Keep in touch.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello all

Greeting from Virginia outside of DC. I head to Paris on April 28th 2014 and after a couple days head south start my adventure in St Jean. Anyone starting then feel free to give a shout. My first post here but have been a lurker for months. Hope to go with the flow. Thanks to all for the tips/insights I have gathered!

John

Hello all

Greeting from Virginia outside of DC. I head to Paris on April 28th 2014 and after a couple days head south start my adventure in St Jean. Anyone starting then feel free to give a shout. My first post here but have been a lurker for months. Hope to go with the flow. Thanks to all for the tips/insights I have gathered!

John

Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum!

Glad to learn than you have been finding good tips here for your imminent camino.
Planning the journey is always exciting, but to actually start is even more so!
In SJPdP, walking uphill and through the old fortress walls to the 39 rue de la Citadelle office of the welcoming Amis du Chemin de St Jacques begins a new adventure. Enjoy it all as you "go with the flow".

Bon chemin and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've found the calendar but can't figure out how to post my starting date. Any tips on how to do that?
Just add an event. There will be subject line and a text box. Put in the boxes Jann or itsjann leaving sjpp. Below the text box is a date for the "event." Be sure that that date is the date you leave. If you have troubles just let me know and I'll put it on the calendar for you. Some of the browsers are making it tougher. Pennie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello all (class of 2014).
I just finalized my reservations for the first week of my Camino with a night at L "Esprit du Chemin May 21(SJPDP), Orisson May 22, and Hostal Burgette May 23. From then on stay locations will be what the good Lord wants.....
Buen Camino to all and Thank you again for all the wonderful help on this forum!!!!
Ed

Yes it is hard to say that is about my average without breaks. Not so sure how my knees will hold up walking every day. I have planned at least 6 weeks if needed. Since I have waited 40 yrs I want to enjoy the journey. Keep in touch.
Cyndy,
I started a private conversation so I don't bore anybody - check it out : )
Stefania

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Music--like US President grant, I only know two songs--one is Yankee Doodle and the other one isn't.

Just wanted to say Hi to a fellow Arkansan! I'm from Little Rock, AR. Starting Camino in late July/Early August 2014
Buen Camino, Razorback!

Wooo Pig Sooooie! Sayumm19 :) , Glad to me you . Your getting close to departure .. I am happy for you . If you are planning on keeping a blog please send it to me

Best Regards
Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will be starting the Camino Francés from St. Jean on June 26th, 2014. This will be my third time walking the Camino in as many years...I've completely fallen in love with it!

After planning a totally different trip I have now had to cancel that. I got to thinking (as I do most days) about the Camino and now plan to walk again this autumn. It will be a late September / early October start and i'm not sure where my start point will be or whether I will walk the whole route. Never mind - lots of exciting planning ahead.

It will be very interesting to see how my second camino experience will compare to my first. There again I should not make comparisons but just "go with the flow..."

Buen camino to the class of 2014!

:D

well 37 sleeps til my son and i fly to biartiz.
we have been training with 9-10 kilo and did a 20+ mile trek yesterday feet knew they had walked a distance, and balls of feet were burning but undamaged
have had advice to use spirit to harden them up is this sound advise and ? Vaseline pre putting on socks.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tamaey and I'll be walking the Camino Sep/Oct of 2014 and have visualized this for over 10yrs and finally see the starting line :) in site! I am from South Bend, IN and will flying from Chicago to Paris then taking the train from Paris to Bayonne and then onto SJPdP. I'm wanting to avoid BIG crowds so thought maybe the 3rd week in Sep to begin and taking my time up to 45 days. Anyone know if its too cold to walk mid-late Oct?

Looking forward to connecting with all of you, thanks for this GREAT forum, I've learned so much already!
Tamaey, Im starting from SJPDP on September 17th. I'm from Vermont and VERY excited about this trip. Hopefully we will bump into each other- Jessica

well 37 sleeps til my son and i fly to biartiz.
we have been training with 9-10 kilo and did a 20+ mile trek yesterday feet knew they had walked a distance, and balls of feet were burning but undamaged
have had advice to use spirit to harden them up is this sound advise and ? Vaseline pre putting on socks.

Sounds like you will be well prepared! I prepared my feet by making sure i had no hard skin or callouses. During the camino, every morning before i set out i applied Body Glide to my feet and then wore 1000 mile socks with a pair of merino socks over the top. For the first couple of weeks i swapped my walking shoes for sandals about three quarters of the way into my daily walk and nearly always took my walking shoes off a couple of times during the day. I did still get a couple of wee blisters but i drained them and put compeed over them and had no further trouble. Hope this helps!

Buen camino!

Hey everyone! My name is Justin and my best friend Patrick and I will be going on the Camino Frances starting June 1, 2014… However, I will be using a specialized wheelchair for my journey! I have a progressive neuromuscular disease and this has been on my bucket list for the past two years. Not sure if this is kosher in this forum but if you would like to help us or learn about our journey, we could use YOUR help!

Our project is called "I'll Push You: A 500 Mile Journey Between Two Best Friends".

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Two weeks from today when I start Camino Frances from SJPDP!
One week to go before I leave for Europe... interesting how emotional I'm feeling now that I'm leaving Alice Springs and the many friends and families I've made here.
Feeling blessed to have met so many beautiful people in my life so far and looking forward to my Camino and European adventures! I'm sure I will meet more and many beautiful people along the way :)
I'm also looking forward to finding more of myself and my purpose along the Way! :)

Buen Camino

Two weeks from today when I start Camino Frances from SJPDP!
One week to go before I leave for Europe... interesting how emotional I'm feeling now that I'm leaving Alice Springs and the many friends and families I've made here.
Feeling blessed to have met so many beautiful people in my life so far and looking forward to my Camino and European adventures! I'm sure I will meet more and many beautiful people along the way :)
I'm also looking forward to finding more of myself and my purpose along the Way! :)

Buen Camino
Have a great trip, Meri!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
meri,

As you begin your new adventure remember what Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote in Country Life, 1858.
"Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much..."

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

"Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much..."

Love it! Thank you Margaret Meredith :) I'm writing this down too!

Hello Justin and Patrick. Your story is very inspirational. My daughter and I are starting a day before you. We are going to be taking it slow so we should see you on the way. Hopefully, we can take you two out to dinner. Buen Camino!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Finally got my date on the event calendar Woo Hoo!!! My daughter and I start Saturday May 31!!! If anyone else is leaving that day drop me a line or post on the event calendar!!! It is getting excited. Staying in Orisson the first night after leaving SJPP. I got a lot of good advice about why not to trek too far the first day. I don't have a time table for this trip so I am going to enjoy the ride!!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello there! I'm from Perth and had originally planned to walk the Camino in October/November, however, I found I had an opportunity to go earlier - so I am. I start walking from SJPdP on the 16th of May 2014. My plan is to go all the way to Finisterre - hope my body holds up :). If everything works out as planned I will be blogging about my experiences at ozvikingcamino.wordpress.com. I have not trained especially for this Camino other than my regular 6-10 km every day. Two months ago I walked The Great Ocean Road track in Victoria, Australia, which is 109 km. My current boots have also walked the Larapinta 230 km, near Alice Springs, Australia and the Bibbulmun track in Western Australia which is 986 km. My boots are well worn in, but they always manage to produce a blister or two whenever I start a new adventure.

Where you starting from and when? (couldn't find you on calendar)
5 days to flight! 6 to walk!
I should be on the 10th on the Calendar I think! Fly to Paris Thursday, down to Biarritz Friday where I will spend the night in SJPDP then start nice and early on the Saturday :)
Same day as you??
I was looking through peoples photos last night and I had major butterflies!! Xx

I should be on the 10th on the Calendar I think! Fly to Paris Thursday, down to Biarritz Friday where I will spend the night in SJPDP then start nice and early on the Saturday :)
Same day as you??
I was looking through peoples photos last night and I had major butterflies!! Xx
I start on Sunday! I don't have butterflies anymore but I will have trouble sleeping on the Friday night before flying on Saturday. I am looking at my bag and resisting packing! I am also resisting counting in hours instead of days! Actually having typed that I just had to - 119 before I land. :D

I start on Sunday! I don't have butterflies anymore but I will have trouble sleeping on the Friday night before flying on Saturday. I am looking at my bag and resisting packing! I am also resisting counting in hours instead of days! Actually having typed that I just had to - 119 before I land. :D
70 hours till I step on the plane! (You made me do it Haha)
Im also resisting the urge to pack :)
Im sure you will pass me as I intend to take it slow as I have no time limits!
Make sure you say hello :D

Blue pack, forum badge, if wearing cap it is a red Texas one. I will look for you (someone with one bespectacled eye carrying a cat?)
:) haha unfortunately there isn't enough room in my backpack for my cat!
Ill keep a look out. I have a blue bag, glasses (they cover both my eyes honestly) and I will most likely be walking the pace of a snail!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last edited:
5 days until flight, 6 until cycling. Temperatures are about to reach 35C in Sevilla, since we had snow last weekend this is going to be a huge challenge for me.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I noticed some people have special days (birthdays, anniversaries, ect..) while on the camino. My daughter and I start May 31st and her 22nd birthday is June 8th. Not sure how far we will be and don't want to really rush it but if anyone knows a great place to celebrate I would not mind staying an extra day to make it nice for her. We are staying in Orisson our first night. Like I said not sure where that lands me about but I figured some of you might. I have gotten such great advice already from this forum that I am sure someone will have an idea. If nothing else if there is some place you would definitely not suggest we land on that day would be appreciated also.

I'm going through a bit of a health issue that has put my Camino start date of 25th May in jeopardy :(

Cheered myself up by having another practice pack and thought I'd share my packing list in case it can be of use to others.image.jpg

Starting in the top left hand corner and working to the right of row one;
Stones to be taken to Cruz de Ferro,
Merrell trainers,
ziplock bag 1 - 2 pairs Coolmax liner socks, 4 pairs walking socks,
Ziplock bag 2 - 2 short sleeved t-shirts, 2 long sleeved t-shirts,
Small plastic bag - 3 pairs underwear,
1 pair zip-off trousers.

Row two;
Sleeping bag,
Sleeping bag liner,
Wash bag - Trek towel, all-purpose soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, 5 disposable one-use razors, universal sink plug, ear plugs,
Waterproof jacket,
Waterproof trousers,
First-aid box, compeed, support bandage, duct tape, gauze tape, microporous tape, plasters, sterile dressings, head torch, spare boot laces, emergency straps for pack, nail scissors,
Small white box - toilet tissue wipes, hand sanitiser, dog-poo bags,Waterproof pack liner.

Row three;
Pack,
Pack carrier for pack to go into flight hold- baggage with padlock,
iPad, phone, charger, MP3, pedometer
Waterproof shower bag for valuables, documents etc.

Some of the above stuff will be worn so not always in the pack. I haven't included my boots,hat, glasses, sun glasses, sun screen and Vaseline.

Total weight 22 lbs without food and water.

Buen Camino.

Hey John, hope your health issues get resolved and you can head out on the Camino as planned. Thanks for sharing your packing list - always interesting to see other peoples - I was going through mine again today and I don't leave until October!

Take care :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm going through a bit of a health issue that has put my Camino start date of 25th May in jeopardy :(

Cheered myself up by having another practice pack and thought I'd share my packing list in case it can be of use to others.View attachment 9778

Starting in the top left hand corner and working to the right of row one;
Stones to be taken to Cruz de Ferro,
Merrell trainers,
ziplock bag 1 - 2 pairs Coolmax liner socks, 4 pairs walking socks,
Ziplock bag 2 - 2 short sleeved t-shirts, 2 long sleeved t-shirts,
Small plastic bag - 3 pairs underwear,
1 pair zip-off trousers.

Row two;
Sleeping bag,
Sleeping bag liner,
Wash bag - Trek towel, all-purpose soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, 5 disposable one-use razors, universal sink plug, ear plugs,
Waterproof jacket,
Waterproof trousers,
First-aid box, compeed, support bandage, duct tape, gauze tape, microporous tape, plasters, sterile dressings, head torch, spare boot laces, emergency straps for pack, nail scissors,
Small white box - toilet tissue wipes, hand sanitiser, dog-poo bags,Waterproof pack liner.

Row three;
Pack,
Pack carrier for pack to go into flight hold- baggage with padlock,
iPad, phone, charger, MP3, pedometer
Waterproof shower bag for valuables, documents etc.

Some of the above stuff will be worn so not always in the pack. I haven't included my boots,hat, glasses, sun glasses, sun screen and Vaseline.

Total weight 22 lbs without food and water.

Buen Camino.
Thank you for sharing your list John. Sad to hear that you may not be leaving this month. Was looking forward to walking with you for a ways. Hope that your health issues get resolved quickly. You must take care of yourself first!!! Ed

Hi
I have just relocated to Pune, India for 6 months and I am reaching out to pilgrims for discussion

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I noticed some people have special days (birthdays, anniversaries, ect..) while on the camino. My daughter and I start May 31st and her 22nd birthday is June 8th. Not sure how far we will be and don't want to really rush it but if anyone knows a great place to celebrate I would not mind staying an extra day to make it nice for her. We are staying in Orisson our first night. Like I said not sure where that lands me about but I figured some of you might. I have gotten such great advice already from this forum that I am sure someone will have an idea. If nothing else if there is some place you would definitely not suggest we land on that day would be appreciated also.
Hola Palady
I noticed your question doesn't appear? To have a reply but you may have done some calculations by now and don't need a reply
Anyways, depending how you tackle the first 7 days you could be in a number of places by the evening of 7 June. Possibly around Los Arcos or to the larger stop of Logrono.

There are sure to be some young people (and other ages) who would have pal'd up with you both by then who your daughter will be happy to spend the evening meal with and celebrating. , no matter where you will be on the day it will be a great day/evening.
How lovely to recall having your 22nd birthday on your 1st Camino

Buen Camino to both of you.

Hi all
Are there enough sockets in albergues, or should I bring a Socket Adapter 3-Way Multi-Plug ?

Hi all
Are there enough sockets in albergues, or should I bring a Socket Adapter 3-Way Multi-Plug ?

How many is "enough" depends on the albergue and how many pilgrims want a socket. A 3-way multi-plug should be very handy during the busy season.

Be sure to watch your gear when charging anything. Scan Forum threads -- securing valuables and keeping belongings secure for more tips.

MM

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.