Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial for Primitivo

nreyn12

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
Hi all,

I am venturing off the Camino Frances for the first time and am wondering if the credencial for the Primitivo route is the same as that for the Frances. Does each route use a unique credencial, or is there a standard one for all of Spain?

I have read that I can get a credencial at Camara Santa at the cathedral in Oviedo. Does anyone know if this will be open on a Sunday?

Thanks!

Nancy

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
T
Hi all,

I am venturing off the Camino Frances for the first time and am wondering if the credencial for the Primitivo route is the same as that for the Frances. Does each route use a unique credencial, or is there a standard one for all of Spain?

I have read that I can get a credencial at Camara Santa at the cathedral in Oviedo. Does anyone know if this will be open on a Sunday?

Thanks!

Nancy
The credencial is the same for any camino route Nancy. The times for the Cámara Santa are here, not open on Sundays. If you are there any other day then pay the 1.50€ for your credencial and you can go to see the chapel free as a pilgrim. I think we also paid the reduced fee for the museum itself.

Thank you ! I will be sure to get a credencial in Pamplona, then.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Then try and get it stamped in the Cathedral, if possible! Anne:)

Hi all,

Thanks!

Nancy

Nancy, when are you leaving? Ivar now has them and can send it so you don't have to pick one up.
We have sometimes found we are not in the right place at the right time; everyone (including church officials) seems to disappear for siesta.

Then try and get it stamped in the Cathedral, if possible! Anne:)
Sadly for Nancy the stamp is given in the office of the Cámara Santa so the opening times apply, unless things have changed recently. Worth asking.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It's a nice stamp though, so it's worth going :) BTW, you can also get the credencial at the tourist office on the square in front of the cathedral in Oviedo. It's not the same credencial as you get in Pamplona, it's a special one for the Primitivo which looks different. You can ofcourse use both.

Thanks for the tip on getting the credencial at the tourist office! I would love to have one that is unique to the Primitivo. Do you know if this office is open on Sundays? Thanks :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back