• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do I get credential in konstanz?

melania93

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug-Sep2014, Jacobsweg
I'm planning to start from konstanz to geneve and i want to stay in accommodation for pilgrims as many as possible because of my short buget. Do I have to hold a pilgrim's passport to stay there and make a reservation in advance? If so, is there any place to buy a credential in konstanz?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm planning to start from konstanz to geneve and i want to stay in accommodation for pilgrims as many as possible because of my short buget. Do I have to hold a pilgrim's passport to stay there and make a reservation in advance? If so, is there any place to buy a credential in konstanz?

Melania93,

Welcome to the Forum!

For your walk across Switzerland be sure to read the CSJ fact sheet on the Swiss Route
which lists many handy links to further webs. Fellow forum member Peter Robins also offers detailed mapping info and more on his Walking Pilgrim web. See this on the Schwabenweg from Konstanz to Einsiedeln and this for info covering Einsiedeln to Geneva.

For info on where to obtain a pilgrim Credential/Pilgerpass in Konstanz/ Constance ask the

Tourist-Information Konstanz GmbH

Bahnhofplatz 43/ train station
D-78462 Constance am Bodensee
Telephone: +49 (0) 7531 / 133 030
Telefax: +49 (0) 7531 / 133 060
info
clear.gif
‎@‎
clear.gif
konstanz-tourismus.de

Happy planning and Bon chemin,

Maragaret Meredith

Last edited:
Hi Melanie I walked this route last year. You can find my blog on www.gittiharre. blogspot.com I started in Rohrschach but did the bit from Konstanz to Rapperswil as well on my way back.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Melanie you definitely need to book and you need a passport.

Melania93,

Welcome to the Forum!

For your walk across Switzerland be sure to read the CSJ fact sheet on the Swiss Route
which lists many handy links to further webs. Fellow forum member Peter Robins also offers detailed mapping info and more on his Walking Pilgrim web. See this on the Schwabenweg from Konstanz to Einsiedeln and this for info covering Einsiedeln to Geneva.

For info on where to obtain a pilgrim Credential/Pilgerpass in Konstanz/ Constance ask the

Tourist-Information Konstanz GmbH

Bahnhofplatz 43/ train station
D-78462 Constance am Bodensee
Telephone: +49 (0) 7531 / 133 030
Telefax: +49 (0) 7531 / 133 060
info
clear.gif
‎@‎
clear.gif
konstanz-tourismus.de

Happy planning and Bon chemin,

Maragaret Meredith
Thank you for all these informations. Grâce à vous, my preparation will be much easier. ^^

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked from Konstanz to Einsiedeln in 2013 (the last section of a month that started in Nuremberg). There is an assortment of lodging available on the Swiss routes, including hikers' hostels and monasteries as well as the more usual hotels, guesthouses and chamber d'hotes. My blog has lodging details. I was walking with a Swiss couple, who handled the call-ahead reservations by phone. If you are not able to converse in the local Schweitzer Deutsch, the tourism offices may be helpful. The pilger-hostel in Rapperswil is top-notch, highly recommended!

I walked from Konstanz to Einsiedeln in 2013 (the last section of a month that started in Nuremberg). There is an assortment of lodging available on the Swiss routes, including hikers' hostels and monasteries as well as the more usual hotels, guesthouses and chamber d'hotes. My blog has lodging details. I was walking with a Swiss couple, who handled the call-ahead reservations by phone. If you are not able to converse in the local Schweitzer Deutsch, the tourism offices may be helpful. The pilger-hostel in Rapperswil is top-notch, highly recommended!
Than you so much! your information is very helpful and I feel relieved. I'll follow your recommendation too. I put 'pilgerhostel in Rapperswil' in my list right away. Ill visit your blog. Thanks again.^^

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back