• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

dogs

duds

Hi all,
athough i have owned a dog all my life i still get a bit nervous when approached by a strange dog,
any tips would be welcome :?:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many people worry about dogs, but few have any trouble.

Here is a warning about dogs trained to guard sheep:

Here we are telling them to be nice:

here is the result:

Attachments

• pyr1.JPG
    pyr1.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 804
  • pyr2.JPG
    pyr2.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 801
  • pyr3.JPG
    pyr3.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 801
then there is the fierce wolfhound:

Attachments

• pyr4.JPG
    pyr4.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 795
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A dog bit me on the Camino del Norte which, subsequently, made me nervous when I saw dogs or heard them barking. I don't use a stick for walking but I started to carry a stick, it made me feel a bit more protected. Also, a lot of the dogs in rural areas seem to respond if you bend down to pick up a stone (even an imaginary stone) and make a motion to throw the stone at the dog. They tend to run off.

viajero said:
Also, a lot of the dogs in rural areas seem to respond if you bend down to pick up a stone (even an imaginary stone) and make a motion to throw the stone at the dog. They tend to run off.

yeah, seriously, we make friends with nearly every dog we meet, but a few times have had to do that. We have not had to actually throw anything yet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks all for the tips, yes i read some where about picking up a stone, and carrying a stick feeling more confident now, and the pictures were really cute and made me smile.
thanks

Our dog was very upset when we got back:

Why didn't you take me :?: :wink: ,was her Qu. to us.

We would have had to carry so much extra water for laying scents down........ :mrgreen: :lol:
She's not holding a grudge............

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back