Where past pilgrims share, and future pilgrims learn

A donation to the forum removes advertising!
  1. New here?
    We have accumulated over 10 years of Camino Questions and Answers.
    Please Sign Up and plan your camino with us. Buen Camino! Ivar
  2. Are you a lurker?
    Interested in getting a daily email with the latest forum post? Get it here.

Fantastic new gites on Le Puy route

Discussion in 'Le Puy route blogs/photo albums' started by gittiharre, Jun 24, 2012.

1. gittiharre

gittiharre Member Donating Member

Just on the Le Puy Route and stumbled across 2 new gites, one is at the entry of Espalais just before Auvillar, it is a donativo place, run by a swiss guy called Vincent, Gite Le Par Chemin ph 05 63 94 73 78, beautiful old building, restored, quite Zen, beautiful dorm plus double rooms, huge outdoor verandah spaces, the other gite is in Miradoux, called Bonte Divine ph 05 62 68 30 80 run by Stephane and his wife Nathalie, young couple, superb restauration of old building and spectacular garden, dorm, wonderful food and really lovely accueil, 30 Euro demipension. We had forgotten something at the gite and suddenly while we were walking along about 4 km on there was a big envelope with our names on it, it contained the forogtten item and 2 muesli bars and a nice message from Stephane and Nathalie...

A Donation to the forum removes advertising.
  2. sunsurf

sunsurf Le Puy to Figeac 2012;Rocamadour to Condom 2013

Camino(s) past & future:
    Le Puy to Figeac(2012);Rocamadour to Larressingle(2013)
    Hi Gitti, due to your post I stayed with Stephane and Natalie in Miradoux at Bonte Divine and it was one of my highlights! They have a baby girl called Brunehout now, only one week old when I stayed there on 1 July this year. It was a classic evening with granddad visiting and he kept pouring the most divine French champagne to celebrate the birth of his granddaughter. I was the only pilgrim that night and they really spoiled me... Dolfina
    karenhypes likes this.
  3. falcon269

falcon269 No commercial interests Donating Member

Complet when I went through (one of the many French holiday weekends in May), but here is their website. We ended up in a private home, actually the home next door, so we had the place to ourselves! Dinner was in the main house, and was excellent French cuisine. Anyway, Bonte Divine:

http://www.bontedivine.net/
  4. gittiharre

Hi Dolfina, what nice news, Stephanie and Natalie are so amazing, how sweet to hear they have had a little girl, Gitti
  5. gypsy9

gypsy9 New Member

Thanks for these tips. Do the owners speak English, per chance?!
  6. gittiharre

I think they speak some english...can't remember, sorry, Gitti
  7. dalston999

dalston999 Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Walked Le Puy/Santiago/Fisterra/Murxia Sept/Oct 2012, Portugues march 2013, Arles April 2013
    Not much English as I remember, but a lovely 'boutique' style albergue with a delightful garden to relax in. Have the half board and enjoy the local Pousse Rapier!
  8. sunsurf

sunsurf Le Puy to Figeac 2012;Rocamadour to Condom 2013

Camino(s) past & future:
    Le Puy to Figeac(2012);Rocamadour to Larressingle(2013)
    Stephane does speak English, although not that well, but good enough to communicate. Natalie a little bit less, but also so willing to communicate. But Bonte Divine is divine and I would highly recommend you to stay there and do the demi-pension option. Dolfina