• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Lourdes To Santiago

Mario Pavesi

Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Camino Frances, sept 2014 Camino del Norte
Hi everyone, I'm planing my 2nd camino for September, my pilgrimage will start from Lourdes to Santiago the exactly route not yet determined ( any help?) my question is this can it be done in 45 days? I'm not in a hurry but I do have family obligations, on the Camino Frances I finished in 26 days, 90% of the time I was alone so I just walked, it toke me two years to realize that I was a bit of a snob and maybe a little arrogant hence the lonely walk , now that I'm retired, no work stress I would like to enjoy a little more and my wife says I'm a lot more humble that's is good news for me since I never thought I was a bad person, but what do I know.

Thanks
Mario

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone, I'm planing my 2nd camino for September, my pilgrimage will start from Lourdes to Santiago the exactly route not yet determined ( any help?) my question is this can it be done in 45 days? I'm not in a hurry but I do have family obligations, on the Camino Frances I finished in 26 days, 90% of the time I was alone so I just walked, it toke me two years to realize that I was a bit of a snob and maybe a little arrogant hence the lonely walk , now that I'm retired, no work stress I would like to enjoy a little more and my wife says I'm a lot more humble that's is good news for me since I never thought I was a bad person, but what do I know.

Thanks
Mario

Hi Mario.
Yes, it can be done, though you may have to bus some stages.
Here is a link to my blog when we walked that route:

http://caminosantiago2.blogspot.com/2012/05/lourdes-again.html

We took a bus soon after Sanguesa because we were meeting a group, but the entire trip only took about 11 days to join up at Pamplona - so 45 days would give you about 30 days to go from Pamplona to Santiago - I'd say you can do it easy if you finished the Frances in 26 days!

Last edited:
I thought of visiting Lourdes before taking off from SJPP in September 2014. Buen Camino, Mario. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Annie and Barbara for the reply

I will start from Lourdes Sept 25 and walk to Irun and from Irun to Santiago via camino del Norte I did the camino Frances now I would like to the camino del Norte, I thought I read somewhere that was more then one way to walk the Norte, and I don't know where to pickup the path from Lourdes to Irun so I'm researching. Thanks for help.

Mario

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola

Norte (costal) is normally regarded from Irun to Santiago, but you can take the southern route through the mountains which is Camino Primitivo.
Read up on both caminos and once you get to the fork, you can decide which way you want to walk.
either route is about equally long time wise.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.