Search 69,459 Camino Questions

guide about camino primitivo

pohodnica

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino primitivo
Hi!
Can anybody advice me a good guide about camino primitivo with etapas, albergues, distances...

Thanks
Tatjana

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would second Falcon's suggestion. I've walked the Primitivo twice and have never used a book as a guide. The Eroski site also has an excellent guide, but it's in Spanish. If you read Spanish, it's a great resource.

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/ (the downloadable guides can be found by clicking on the right side on the line that says: Imprime y llevatela al Camino).

With the information provided on these two sites, you really don't need anything else. The camino is extremely well marked, so no need for explanations of the way to walk.

Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We have used the CSJ guide to the Primitivo, ('Caminos del Norte F') plus the online updates. These are listed as 'Updates 2008' but go through to this year as people send the new info to CSJ.
Comined with the elevations from Gronze, which we studied but did not carry with us, this was an ideal combination.
CSJ guides

Camino Primitivo

Hi!
Thanks for all informations. I have a few questions more. I will be very happy to get some answers.
How far is from airport Oviedo to the center. How often goes buses to the center, any nice albergue in Oviedo - near the katedral (I am planning to sleep in Oviedo and start walking next day). This is my first trip on camino Primitivo.
Albergues on the route, are there any new alberges on the route. Do I need to know anything or can you recommend me something about trip, route, albergues, shops to buy food!

Tatjana

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Asturias - Ranón Airport
We connect the Asturias airport with the largest towns of the province: Gijón, Oviedo, and Avilés

Currently, buses depart every hour from Oviedo and Gijón towards the airport, uninterruptedly from 06:00 until 23:00 hours.

Stops:
Airport Located in front of the arrivals zone. See map
Avilés bus station: Avenida de los Telares, 20
Gijón bus station:: Calle Magnus Blikstad, 1
Oviedo bus station:: Calle Pepe Cosmen, s/n
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/alb ... -de-oviedo

Hi, Tatjana,
The Oviedo airport is about a 45 minute bus ride to the city. There are buses once an hour, on the hour. Cost is around 7 or 8 euros.

The albergue is Oviedo is now in a single family home converted to albergue. It is close to the old town, and probably about a ten minute walk from the cathedral. Nice albergue.

Some information on the albergue here.
http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/alb ... -de-oviedo

There are several threads about recent experiences on the Primitivo on the board, I don't know if you've seen them, but they're easily accessible by scrolling down here: camino-primitivo/ I think you'll find lots of information on food, albergues, etc, but let us know if you still have questions.

I walked the Camino Primitivo for the second time this past June. There are more and better albergues than there were four years ago, and the route is lovely. Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
pohodnica said:
Thanks for all informations!!!:)
Hi!
Laurie and other. How did you flight to Oviedo? I am planning to flight from LOndon or Italy to Oviedo. Does any know or can you recommend any other cheap aircraft company and connection to Oviedo.(I already look EasyJet, Rynair)

Tatiana

Hi, Tatiana,
I didn't fly into Oviedo, I had been walking for weeks before that. My son used to live near Oviedo and I believe he has flown on Air Berlin and Easyjet, two other cheap airlines. But the flights out of that airport were always on the high side, as I remember.

Train or bus is likely to be much cheaper. If you're coming from Italy, I'd see what the cheapest flight into Spain is, and then calculate how much bus or train to Oviedo would cost from there. spain is amazingly well connected by bus and train. A train from Madrid to Oviedo, for instance, is about five hours, and there are 4 or 5 a day.

Good luck with the planning, buen camino, Laurie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We met folk who flew to Santander from UK (personally we use the ferry because of where we live). If you fly into Santander then you can catch the FEVE train to Oviedo (2 per day) or the ALSA bus. The train is the cheaper option but slower.
The Hostal Oviedo opposite the railway station caters for pilgrims, if you would like more details PM us) and there is a good cafe - the Cristina - below.
Buen Camino

Hi!
Tia can you send me a link or photo of Hostal Oviedo or the name of the street. I could not find it on google maps.
TNX Tatjana

Hi Tatjana,
The Hostal Oviedo web page is here:- http://www.hostaloviedo.com/
It is on the corner of Calle Uria ( Hostal entrance) and Av. Santander, right in front of the train station. The Cafe Cristina is underneath the Hostal.
On Google maps it does show up if you click it up to full resolution!

Blessings
Tio Tel (Tia's other half!!)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello, me again!

I have one question about credencion. Where do you get in Oviedo? In catedral, office or somewhere else?

Tatjana

Tha Cámara Santa in the cathedral at Oviedo has credenciales, 1.5 euros. Opening times are 10.00 - 12.00 and 16.00 - 19.00 approx. The Cámara Santa entrance is to the right of the main altar, or accessed from outside - turn right across the cathedral front and follow the street round to the back of the cathedral, Calle Sta Ana, go in though the iron gates and try the door.

As a pilgrim you can pay a reduced fee to see the museum, or you can visit the chapel itself free.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
@Pohodnica

Since you're from Slovenia you can fly from Venice to Oviedo - Asturias Airport (8hrs lay-over in Barcelona, over-night actually) with Vueling for app.105€ on 11.06.2013, luggage incl. I think that's the cheapest and easiest way.

if you fly with EasyJet from Ljubljana to London Stansted and from there to Oviedo Asturias you'll have lay-over as well and the price will be at least 50% higher. It's the same as Vueling actually, but on yearly basis (december for LJU-STN and september STN-OVD).

Wizzair is more oriented to the east and north of Europe and doesn't fly to spanish atlantic coast, RyanAir will take you to Santander, but again this is more expensive choice, Air Berlin fly from Graz to Oviedo Asturias, but the price is double of the Vueling. Guess you got the picture :)

Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.