• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I made my own guidebook

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Annie,
Your guide looks just the job, if you want more accurate topo type maps you might want to look at
"the walking pilgrims site" where there are downloadable maps that have the camino route marked.
I found them very useful last year on the way to Astorga.

Regards

George.G

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
george.g said:
Hi Annie,
Your guide looks just the job, if you want more accurate topo type maps you might want to look at
"the walking pilgrims site" where there are downloadable maps that have the camino route marked.
I found them very useful last year on the way to Astorga.

Regards

George.G

Can you give us a link to that site please? I have difficulties finding the right one with Google. Thanks, SY

Hi Annie,
Love your guide. Great idea to have your writing and guide in the one book. It not only saves on weight, it keeps everything together to make for a lovely souvenir.

Hi SYates,
Sorry I'm not sure of the exact address for "The walking pilrim" but if you google "Peter Roboins pilgrim" I'm sure you will be OK. I found that having a topo map was helpful on the odd occasion in providing options when muddy tracks made for heavy going. I also found that downloading the pictures of the albergues from eroski camino was a help when asking for directions (a picture = a thousand words)
Hope that helps, I'm doing the same for the "Norte which I start on the 14 May.

Regards

George

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie
Do you decide ahead of time where you are going to stay?
Loving your journal.

George - I have done the google search and your title did not produce anything positive. Would you please advise a more specific name of the organisation. Is it one of the mainstream camino fraternities or more into mapping the VDLP. Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Rachel,
I have loose plans.
I did book some rooms ahead and wrote down the phone number so I can change dates via telephone if necessary. For the most part, once I'm into the walk about a week, I'll just stay where I end up. That website is awesome because the maps show all the albergues on each stage. So you have choices.

Sorry Annie...one more question.
I have gone onto the site and can copy the maps from the Camino Baztan...but I can't copy any others. Is there a trick? Because I'm mingling caminos, it would be great to make up my own guidebook - if only I could work out how much room to leave for writing! Some days I scrawl screeds, others just a few notes. I'd really like to have my daily musings with the corresponding maps.

Thanks for this Annie!

This has inspired me to do the same in my journal.

Dave

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You're welcome Dave.
Rachael, I just right clicked and saved the maps on my desk top. Some have me problems but I found if I fiddled with it long enough it finally copied.

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After 16 days of walking (plus another three days to explore Salamanca and Zamora) I've finished my walk on the Vía de la Plata and am now continuing on the Camino Sanabres. If anyone's...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back