• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm Doing It!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I've decided
I'm going to get the train or bus to Zafra from Madrid, rest a day or two in Zafra, then walk the VDlP.
I've planned and looked forward to this too long to get scared off so quickly.
Luka says there are plenty of people walking so I feel it will be fine.
I'm finished worrying
Yay! ::::doing a happy Camino dance::::

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen camino Annie
I walked from A Gudina via Verin in March this year and felt completly safe and it was very quiet. I only saw 3 other pilgrims. Most times I was on my own in the albergues but did see Pio and a Spanish guy in Ourense and Cea and a Spanish lady who had walked from Cadiz in A Gudina.
Liz

A selection of Camino Jewellery
annie,

que tengas un buen camino. i hope to see you in santiago in this june. maybe we can have a pint and swap story. i will be working the whole month of june as a hospitalero in the fundacion jacobeo's albergue fin del camino. a 110-bed albergue and the newest and also the cheapest at 8 euros. this albergue is not far from the bus station.

a wise decision to continue as planned to walk the camino de la plata from zafra. i believe you will enjoy the beautiful sceneries and vista in this camino. do stay an extra day in merida and maybe caceres. if you enjoy churches, zamora is supposed to have 600 churches, so maybe another day. and salamanca, a beautiful big town in a small city, or a big city in a small town. it has the best of both world, a very cosmopolitan city with a local population of 150,000 and a student population of 50,000.
you will not be walking alone. you will encountered many spanish, german, dutch, french and other pelegrinos. don't let the stories of the robberies scared you off. this is your camino and also our camino.

que dios los bendiga.

hello liz, good to hear from you again in this forum.

remember the heavy rains from cee and castro dozon. i am glad you enjoy this camino. are you ready for another one? give me a shout when you are in london or maybe i will see you again in santiago.

god bless.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
One from me too! In Torremejía now (the albergue turistico of the junta is beautiful). Still enjoying myself very much. I also heard it from others, there is about a constant number of 20 to 30 pilgrims a day. Buen camino!!

P.S: See my blog for some pics. To make you even look more forward to it ;-)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
have a great camino Annie...the joys of decision-making and stepping into the Mystery.

Annie,
I've been following these threads about the robberies on the VdlP and your decision of whether to do it or not. Glad you've decided! I'm sure it's a relief to just have a plan of action and not be in limbo. Keep us updated and God bless! Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Annie I'm sure you will enjoy it. The weather has improved and there will still be lots of pretty spring flowers as well as some spectacular towns to walk through.
Buen camino
Sue

Good decision Annie. Sounds like there are lots of people walking the VdlP. We hope to redo a little of it again in a few weeks. Aracena to Zafra to Alcuescar, achilles permitting. Zafra about 2 June. Wondering when you'll be there... will delve into your posts.

Have a wonderful time, dancing through spring flowers, cheered on by red poppies!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back