• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's calling me again

Tumbleweed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Hello my fellow pilgrims. It's been awhile since I've written, I hope to find you all happy and healthy and helpful to those in need of Camino advice.

For a month or so now I've heard a whisper and now a tugging that is turning into a constant pulling. Yes my friends, I hear the Camino calling again. Will I answer? Ahhh - did I ask that question out loud? LOL Silly me. :D

The hard part is, it will take me a long time to get back unless God's favor is to get me there sooner than Sept of 2016. Only God knows the answer to that, my responsibility is to heed the call and see the vision. :cool:

graffiti.jpg

Peace be with you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
"It's calling me again" too. I returned from my Camino the end of October of this past year and within 2 months the Camino was calling me to return. The Camino for me was an incredible experience and I learned so much, but I am a slow learner. I need repetition to truly learn things, therefore, I must return.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello my fellow pilgrims. It's been awhile since I've written, I hope to find you all happy and healthy and helpful to those in need of Camino advice.

For a month or so now I've heard a whisper and now a tugging that is turning into a constant pulling. Yes my friends, I hear the Camino calling again. Will I answer? Ahhh - did I ask that question out loud? LOL Silly me. :D

The hard part is, it will take me a long time to get back unless God's favor is to get me there sooner than Sept of 2016. Only God knows the answer to that, my responsibility is to heed the call and see the vision. :cool:

View attachment 9048

Peace be with you.
Hi,

I am one that the pull was to strong, going back in Sept 2014

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Same with me. Last Fall I walked the Camino Frances to Finisterre solo, ending Nov 9, 2013. Less than 6 months later and I'm getting ready to walk again ... This time with my youngest daughter. In fact, it's kind of surprising to me. I knew when I was walking into Santiago that would take another pilgrimage, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. ;)

The question I have is that between work and winter I have not been able to train very much ... Given that I'm no spring chicken, I am praying that will I still have some of my hard earned walking motor in my legs when I start in SJPdP this spring.

Maggie97520,

Relax and just let it be. When you re-tie your boots, re-hoist your pack and set off anew your body will quickly respond as it did before. When you see again that first yellow arrow your smile will mix past memory and eager anticipation. Each journey is never the same, but always special.

Be sure to scan this earlier Forum thread for others' comments on walking again.

Carpe Diem!

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

View attachment 9048

Peace be with you.

that when I plan on going too Tumbleweed - Fall of 2016. I was thinking of the CF or the Norte ......... I did the CF in 2013 and wonder if a different route might be interesting but I think the CF is the one I leaning towards.

Thank you, Margaret, for not only your words of confidence, but also for the link to other posts. I can barely wait for the 1st of May.
Ah Maggie,
Just think we walked it last year I will walk it with next month and you with me in September.....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I totally agree with the sighting of the first yellow arrow.I was booked to walk my Camino last september,however july 1st i was involved
in a near death traffic accident,i am not religious but something or someone brought me back from the brink,sept 14th i was in SJDLP
pack on,left arm strapped up,mental scars hidden and walking through the arch,saw that first arrow,smiled and away i went.
What followed was a very painful and often frustrating 5 day walk to Pamplona,but the arrows and the lovely kind people i met
got me there,i return June 5th to Pamplona and will finish my Camino,bring on those yellow arrows :)))

View attachment 9048

Peace be with you.
hello tumbleweed - I walked from Malaga to Cordoba last June - the plan was to complete the Plata route through to Santiago - problem is that I end up in a doctors office in Cordoba with serious feet issues. I had to end my trip and return to Ireland - I am now feeling the urge to return again and make a second attmept- miss the isolation of Malaga camino - I met not one soul on my 7 day Malaga to Cordoba walk - hope to return.

I'm wanting to walk it again right now, but just waiting for the warmer, drier season on the Camino. I only like rain when I hear it on the roof while I'm inside, ha ha. It's beautiful then, but unless I'm duck hunting I don't want to be out in it. :cool: When I walked it last June and August it never rained on me and I know that's unrealistic to expect to happen again, but I can always hope. ;)
Even bought a new pack and got some new Merrell hiking shoes. I'm just waiting till it feels right and I'll get my tickets to Madrid.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm learning patience. My loved ones need me at home.
Hi Kanga I've decided to go, but understand the call to stay around, its taken me back warding and forwarding to get to my decision, partly aided by my daughters and son wanting me to Go (meant in the best possible way). I so need to find myself at the moment and I'm hoping this will help and then help my family in a more positive way than I have been doing (basically doing nothing since I finished a major project on doing up a house!) just kicking my heels!

Hi Kanga I've decided to go, but understand the call to stay around, its taken me back warding and forwarding to get to my decision, partly aided by my daughters and son wanting me to Go (meant in the best possible way). I so need to find myself at the moment and I'm hoping this will help and then help my family in a more positive way than I have been doing (basically doing nothing since I finished a major project on doing up a house!) just kicking my heels!

Buen Camino Annie! I'll be with you in spirit.

I'm getting itchy feet here at home as for the last two years I was on the Camino in April\May. I'm hoping to get back in maybe June to walk for a couple of days. When I started from SJDPP in 2012 the Route Napoleon wasn't advisable due to snow so I went via Valcarlos instead. I'd like to get back and do the Route Napoleon as it's the only bit "missing" from my Camino Frances. I took in pretty much all the recommended detours in the Brierley book, even did the Camino Dragonte!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
On 28 April 2014 I send my best wishes to anyone doing the pass today. At 8am it was sleeting at sea level and just plain miserable conditions with steady rain and wind. Best wishes!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back