• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ivar in Adelaide, October 5 to 12. Coffee anyone?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Buenos días Australia,

I will be in Adelaide in October related to a separate work project I am working on, and I was wondering if if there are any pilgrims that would like to get together for a coffee?

I was thinking I could bring some brochures/promotional material from Xacobeo related to the Camino for people that would be interested. ..and then just get together and chat.

I am not yet sure what day I will be able to meet yet, since the program is still not set... but thought I spread the word now.. to see if there is any interest.

Anyone interested?

Saludos,
Ivar

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ivar, Janet lives in Adelaide - jl on the Forum- and she was a driving force behind getting the Australian Camino group up and running. I'll let her know you have made this post...
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
HI Ivar,

I live in Adelaide and will be leaving on my Camino on the 16th Sept.
As I write this, today is the 8th. Just realised the date. Unfortunately I'll be away during Oct.

Kind regards,
Pete

Hello Ivar, because I was away walking the Via francigena and have been busy since my return I haven't had a chance to get on the forum. I was alerted by Kiwi Nomad to your post, and of course there are many here in Adelaide who would love to meet with you. I will PM you with my email address and perhaps you could let us all know the rough time you will be in Adelaide, though I realise that you still don't have your final programme yet.

Adelaide is the city that often misses out on visits from various celebrities and performing groups - I think that they think it is too hard to get to! How fortunate we will be to have our very own Camino celebrity in town! Once I have your information I can let the local members of of the Australian Friends of the Camino know and I am sure that there will be a keen group to help you enjoy our city.

Cheers, Janet

Oops Ivar! Read the content but not the title - can see that you are here from the 5th - 12th - shall look forward to catching up. Janet

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Would love to join you all in Adelaide as we are starting the walking of the Camino in May next year. Would love to catch up for coffee. I believe we have a newish Camino Adelaide branch, but feel I missed a meeting they had last week. Please keep me informed as would love to attend a coffee. There is a great place in Kent Town, with delicious coffee if any one is interested.

Janet I believe I emailed you when you were doing the last Camino and have lost your contact details as to the group. Please can you let me know. Regards Wendy C

Hi Wendy - have just sent you a PM with my email address. AFotC had its first AGM on Friday night. We are planning another gathering on Nov. 4th, and possibly one in Oct sometime when I hear back from Ivar. Will keep you all posted on details. Cheers, Janet

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,

I have contacted Janet by e-mail. What would be fantastic would be to organize something where we all could meet up together one night/afternoon.

I will stay in touch with Janet, and then once we have a time/place, we will announce it here. Does that sound good?

Looking forward to the trip!
Ivar

Hi Ivar,
Just wondering if you are going to any other cities in Australia. Sydney, where I live, is a long way from Adelaide. We have a large group of 'Camino Tragics' who meet every month who would love to meet you. David

...no, we fly directly in and out of Adelaide. And the trip is relatively short for such a long flight, so there is no much time to include other cities... :-(

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What would be fantastic would be to organize something where we all could meet up together one night/afternoon.

It shall be done Ivar! Already thinking of likely places. Cheers, Janet

Janet has been a wonderful ambassador Ivar for the camino.
Glad you are visiting Adelaide .

Janet, find the founders of slow cooking in SA and you will have a wonderful lady in your company who walked Frances in 07.Name has gone but lives there connected to a family within the wine industry.

Ivar , there are some very old desperado's in Melbourne who after 8 years still go back.

Next one Ivar...Invierno after Toulouse / St J P De P

Great work , keep it up and thanks from all in Oz
David

I have just returned from meeting Ivar very briefly. He is very jet lagged as you could imagine as he only arrived this morning at 6.00 a.m. He still does not really know what his timetable is for the week that he is here, and so we have made a tentative suggestion of a time and place, the details of which appear below. This is only tentative – Ivar will confirm as soon as he is able at some point tomorrow, and so please check the posts again before setting out – we will post again, with confirmation, some time tomorrow.

We apologise for the lateness of the arrangements, but as Ivar has not (and still doesn’t) have a full programme his, and our, hands were tied! Hope to see as many of you as possible there.

This cafe has a large outdoor (sheltered) area for coffee, and the noise level is not too bad there and so you should be able to talk to each other with relative ease.

Regards, Janet

Meeting with Ivar Revke, from the forum website
(http://www.caminodesantiago.me)
Sunday 7th October, 6.00 pm.
Cibo’s cafe,
Cnr. of Hutt Street and Halifax Street,
Adelaide

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looking forward to the evening Ivar, as I am sure many others are too. Cheers, Janet

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It was lovely meeting you Ivar. I think I speak for all there, that we really enjoyed the time together. It was great to catch up with you, and with each other, and to meet some new people as well. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Enjoy the rest of your stay here in South Australlia - and don't be too put off by the wet cold weather that is coming! I hope the conference goes well, and safe journey home to you both, regards, Janet

Ivar,

Sorry that those of us in the rest of Australia did not have a chance to catch up with you, it is a large country after all!

After your visit "Down Under" you will understand what a logistic exercise it is to cross the globe for the walk - plus the seasonal changes in the weather. We can leave Australia in 35C only to arrive in Europe with snow on the ground at about 5C - I have done this more than once.

I hope that any Aussies walking in the future will be able to meet you in Santiago to down a couple of "coldies".

Rob@Melbourne

(Where is Adelaide by the way)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.