1. Using iphone or iPad? Add forum icon to your home screen. Here is how to do it.
  2. New here?
    We have accumulated over 10 years of Camino Questions and Answers.
    Please Sign Up and plan your camino with us. Buen Camino! Ivar

Madrid to Merida Train/Bus?

Discussion in 'Via de la Plata' started by omar504, Nov 18, 2008.

1. omar504

omar504 New Member

Still planning my 2009 caminoes and thought that getting a train from Madrid to Merida would be easy but there appears to be only one late afternoon train. My proposed flight gets in to madrid in the morning so I would prefer to head to merida that morning. I tried google for buses but didn't have much luck-any ideas?....please.
  2. sillydoll

sillydoll Active Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    2002: 2004: 2006 VF: 2007: 2009: 2011 X 2: 2013 May:
    Kevin, you need the Spanish blue line - Autores - http://www.avanzabus.com/web/ You can click on the Union Jack for English
    A return ticket cost from 35 € to 44 €, depending on if the bus is direct or not. There are about 8-9 services along the day, some of them being night buses. The journey takes 4 hours.
  3. omar504

omar504 New Member

Thanks Sil-I knew you'd come through (don't know why they call you silly!)

I just went to that web site-it's one I found under google but assumed they didn't go to Merida because when I put my date in -14/5/09 it came back nothing found.I just put in a date a week ahead and came up with results so I guess I will have to wait till nearer may. At least I know where to look now-thanks again!