• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

malaga to santiago dilemma!

jim garrity

Time of past OR future Camino
Malaga to cordoba
i walked malaga to cordoba last june 2013 - my adventure was cut short after 7 days due to foot problems. i am heading back june 24/14 to malaga once again and am in a dilemma as my heart tells me to redo the malaga/cordoba route and then move onto santiago but my head/family/friends are telling me to take train from malaga to cordoba and start from where i left off!! any comments - buen camino - jim garrity

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I always follow my heart but on this occasion, as you have already walked that section, I would say follow your head. Either way have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

i walked malaga to cordoba last june 2013 - my adventure was cut short after 7 days due to foot problems. i am heading back june 24/14 to malaga once again and am in a dilemma as my heart tells me to redo the malaga/cordoba route and then move onto santiago but my head/family/friends are telling me to take train from malaga to cordoba and start from where i left off!! any comments - buen camino - jim garrity

Hi Jim. I am thinking of walking from Málaga next camino - well, from my front door actually as I live about 60 km east of Málaga. I would love to know any insights you care to share about the route. What are the accommodation possibilities, etc.

I would tend to agree with your family and with wayfarer. As you plan to walk at the same time of year, you will be seeing the same scenery, perhaps I would feel differently if it were another season. Let us know what you decide, and if you are writing a blog, please let me know the address.
Buen camino, Maggie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
he
Hi Jim. I am thinking of walking from Málaga next camino - well, from my front door actually as I live about 60 km east of Málaga. I would love to know any insights you care to share about the route. What are the accommodation possibilities, etc.

I would tend to agree with your family and with wayfarer. As you plan to walk at the same time of year, you will be seeing the same scenery, perhaps I would feel differently if it were another season. Let us know what you decide, and if you are writing a blog, please let me know the address.
Buen camino, Maggie
hello maggie - my camino last yeat from malaga was one of getting lost and then getting lost! i found the route badly signed and unforgiving! am better planned this time and have retraced every step and know where
i went astray!

I think you should not re-walk the section ... ultimately, you want to reach Santiago DC right? get there ... go back someday for the other section.
Just think of the devastation if you encountered foot problems again from the extra walking.

I will throw out the contrarian opinion -- follow your heart. I once walked the Vdlp from Sevilla to Merida, where tendonitis/heel pain/generally bad feet made me stop (funny, I was just writing about this experience in another thread). When I came back the next year, there was no way I was going to start in Merida, so back to Sevilla I went. If your heart is telling you to start in Malaga, unless there is something in the Malaga to Cordoba section that caused your injuries, or unless time/money is an issue, then I would understand completely why you would want to start again in Malaga.

And like magwood, I am hoping to walk this route one day and would love to get feedback as you walk or afterwards. Buen camino, whatever choice you make, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Jim,
Malaga to SdC sounds great to me, could be a possible for my next camino, this years camino from Alicante to SdC has given me a taste for routes less travelled,
Is there any published info on the route?
Regards
George

In reply to my own post.
A rough plan could be:-
Camino Mozarabe 20 days Malaga to Merida
Via de la Plata 14 days Merida to Granja de Moreruela
Camino Sanabres 13 days Granja de Moreruela to SdC
Camino Finisterre 3 days SdC to Finisterre

looks like it could be fun!!
regards
George

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back