• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Navia to Ribadeo

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
Today was a long but easier walk for the Norte. At the river Porcia, I took the Northern route. It is a bit confusing. As soon as you cross the bridge the is a sign on the left pointing right down towards the river and a path, I assume. If you walk 50 meters up the hill past a couple of houses you will see a shell on the wall. You go up a hill to the right and just keep following shells until you arrive in Teria de Casasiergo ( spelling here might be incorrect). Just before you enter the town you will come to an ocean vista that is beautiful. It is also the location of the Albergue. It was not open when I passed but this has to be the very best location for an Albergue. I did get lost somewhere after leaving the city but found the road and walked it to Barrias???? I met a French couple along the road and we walked into Ribadeso together. We are also staying at the same Hotel Rosmary in the city center right next to a church. Just an additional note. There are no arrows, at least that I could find, after crossing the bridge.

Neve and Eli how are you doing?

Joe

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If thats the one of the main square it also doubles up as a sideria, happy landings.

Joe!
I am at the auberge you mention ( in Tapia) arrived late as we started from the auberge in Luarca that is really not in Luarca ( 2kms before). I was going to mention that turn in Porcia it is very confusing. My walking buddy asked someone and they kept pointing to the correct place BUT I was incident on turning as it appeared closer to the water.
The answer is to keep going straight up that hill if heading to Tapia! We took a wrong turn, thankfully, we ended up on the red and white route that David mentions in his book. He wrote it in the margin and like my children I don't read the ( important) stuff written in margins:).... This little detour was AWESOME!!!!
I'm walking with a really fast guy who is a Caminoist and eager to pick up the pace some. I have not felt I had to go to the cathedral, Finnesterre or Muxia until today.... Really hoping to squish Finesterre in ( though Muxia is my love).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No estoy seguro, pero quizás la confusión no lo es tanto. Hace unos meses puse una noticia de que se quería recuperar la antigua ruta que va desde Porcía aproximadamente hasta Lourenzá, que es por donde transcurría en realidad en Camino del Norte. Daros cuenta que el "Puente de los Santos", por el que se pasa a Galicia, tiene unos treinta años. Antes el camino iba hacia el interior y abandonaba Asturias en Vegadeo. Por eso digo que quizás lo que pasó es que una concha os envió hacia el camino histórico.

Not sure, but maybe the confusion it is not. A few months ago I put a notice that it wanted to get the old route from Porcía to about Lourenzá, which is where actually passed on North Road. If you realize that the "Puente de los Santos" by being passed Galicia, has about thirty. Before the road going into and leaving Vegadeo Asturias. So I say that maybe what happened is that a shell sent you to the historic road..

http://www.buscoenlaces.es/cosas_correos/historico.html

http://www.buscoenlaces.es/cosas_correos/vegadeo.html

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/noticias-sobre-el-norte.20318/

ScreenHunter_09Apr222314_zps805535dc.jpg

Joe!
I am at the auberge you mention ( in Tapia) arrived late as we started from the auberge in Luarca that is really not in Luarca ( 2kms before). I was going to mention that turn in Porcia it is very confusing. My walking buddy asked someone and they kept pointing to the correct place BUT I was incident on turning as it appeared closer to the water.
The answer is to keep going straight up that hill if heading to Tapia! We took a wrong turn, thankfully, we ended up on the red and white route that David mentions in his book. He wrote it in the margin and like my children I don't read the ( important) stuff written in margins:).... This little detour was AWESOME!!!!
I'm walking with a really fast guy who is a Caminoist and eager to pick up the pace some. I have not felt I had to go to the cathedral, Finnesterre or Muxia until today.... Really hoping to squish Finesterre in ( though Muxia is my love).

That Albergue is in a beautiful location. I am going to be shooting for Lourenza today. We have rain here so I will be starting with rain coat on for first time. I would not recommend the Rosmary. WIFI only works downstairs and dinner was poor. That said, there are many choices here. I even found a laundromat to wash and dry clothes 6 euro.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi if I wanted to do the Del Norte and had 2 weeks any recommendations (would be much appreciated ) and which part of the Norte would be less challenging. Marianne
Hi. I only have 7 days and will be walking from Irun to Bilboa end of April, first week of May. Aside from booking ahead in San Sebastián and Bilbao, do I need to book in advance or will I have...
Hello, I am brand new to the Camino and am planning to hike the Norte and Primitive routes starting mid-May, 2024. I think I have access to most of the resources I need except I don't seem to be...
Hi all, and thank you in an advance for your time and consideration :) I'm very much in my "Camino dreaming" phase, but next year I'll be looking to pre-book some of my accomodation for my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back