• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

New Albergue on Camino Norte....review

Trude

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francais 2013 Finnestere, Muxia 2013, 2017
Norte 2014, Francais, 2015, 2016, VDLP 2017
Have just stayed at 2 new Albergues on the Camino Norte....first one at Muros De Nalon. Very well done... Great position. Cost 16 euro for dorm bed, meal 10 euro and breakfast 3 euro. The only negatives were the three big dogs that continually barked until 11pm maybe they continued but I fell asleep. Also the bathroom and toilet are in the room so you have to listen to everyone having a pee and farting. It has a bar and restaurant,
Food is very good. Albergue is called Casa Carmina not sure how many beds but over 20 in two rooms. Also has Wifi. I would not stay there again because of the dogs which tore holes in people's washing that was left out.

Second Alburge is in the centre of Luarca and is a subsidiary of Hotel Villa Luarca. In fact it is opposite the hotel in the centre of town. It is extremely well done. Has free Wifi, lovely little kitchen with microwave.
At 10 euro per dorm bed it is good value especially being in the centre of one of the must stay towns on the Norte. About 20 beds. No negatives.

These are my personal opinions others may have had a different experience.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Back