• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Peace on the Via de la Plata

Una

Greetings from Calzada de Bajar. What a wonderful place! I started this year at Casar de Carceres on April 11 and find the way much more peaceful than the last week of April 2013 .Weather hot 27C. Very few on the way at the moment. Countryside magnificent. Still some wet muddy places good footwear, sun hat and sun block needed. Happy Easter to all!

Una

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Una! Your message reminded me I haven't been checking your blog, which I will now go do. Bet you are having some very interesting Semana Santa experiences, can't wait to hear all about it, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Una! Happy Easter and Buen Camino to you. Keep an eye open for me from Ourense onwards. Wouldn't it be great to bump into each other again after meeting on the Ingles a couple of years ago!

Greetings from Calzada de Bajar. What a wonderful place! I started this year at Casar de Carceres on April 11 and find the way much more peaceful than the last week of April 2013 .Weather hot 27C. Very few on the way at the moment. Countryside magnificent. Still some wet muddy places good footwear, sun hat and sun block needed. Happy Easter to all!

Una
UnaDara reporting from Merida. There are 26 pilgrims in Castilblanco. Some did long day into Monasterio. I find ground dry, sun very hot after 12 midday and hotter still after 6pm. Many I met are going to Santiago and I hope to meet them again. I have 35 days so will not complete entire way but will walk all stages from Salamanca. I would be dead without my Judy hat which acts like a mini umbrella. I carry and drink 3 litres a day. Semana Santa is special.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Una! Happy Easter and Buen Camino to you. Keep an eye open for me from Ourense onwards. Wouldn't it be great to bump into each other again after meeting on the Ingles a couple of years ago!
Great to hear from you again! This year I hope to get to Puebla de Sanabria.Any chance of you making it to Dublin to celebrate the feast of St James this year? Buen camino, Una

Hi Una,
Look forward to hearing about your Camino. By the way where can I read your blog?
Cheers
I will put a blog together when I get back, not the best technically either! The weather has dropped from 27C to 16 C. Much easier for walking. We are in Caldaza de Vandumciel.Its cold at the moment. The church here is amazing for such a tiny place. Albergue tight.

Hi, Una! Your message reminded me I haven't been checking your blog, which I will now go do. Bet you are having some very interesting Semana Santa experiences, can't wait to hear all about it, Laurie
Sorry Laurie but I will have to wait until I get back to Dublin to do the blog.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Una just spotted your post. Enjoy.

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back