• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim prices in Azinhaga

peregrina2000

Staff member
When I walked the Caminho from Lisbon about 4 or 5 years ago, there were no albergues, no knowledge of the Caminho anywhere. Boy, are things changing.

I just heard from an albergue owner that the Casa Rural, Casa de Azinhaga, right on the caminho in the town of Azinhaga, is offering special pilgrim prices. Around 30 for B&B -- not albergue prices, but better than your normal Casa Rural prices. If you google it for images, you can see it's a lovely old house, looks very comfortable.

I've found this contact information for the house:

Address: Rua da Misericórdia, 26 2150 - 021 Azinhaga
Telephone: (351) 249 957 146
E-mail: joaooliveiraesousa@gmail.com

And I also heard that some forum members are on their way from Lisbon now! Bom caminho, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jose Saramago, in Journey to Portugal, 1980, wrote these evocative words on traveling anew.

"The end of one journey is simply the start of another. You have to see what you missed the first time, see again what you already saw, see in springtime what you saw in summer, in daylight what you saw at night, see the sun shining where you saw the rain falling, see crops growing, the fruit ripen, the stone which has moved, the shadow that was not there before. You have to go back to the footsteps already taken, to go over them again or add fresh ones alongside them. You have to start the journey anew. Always"

His are poignant insights for why some of us repeatedly return.

Margaret Meredith

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I walked the Caminho from Lisbon about 4 or 5 years ago, there were no albergues, no knowledge of the Caminho anywhere. Boy, are things changing.

I just heard from an albergue owner that the Casa Rural, Casa de Azinhaga, right on the caminho in the town of Azinhaga, is offering special pilgrim prices. Around 30 for B&B -- not albergue prices, but better than your normal Casa Rural prices. If you google it for images, you can see it's a lovely old house, looks very comfortable.

I've found this contact information for the house:

Address: Rua da Misericórdia, 26 2150 - 021 Azinhaga
Telephone: (351) 249 957 146
E-mail: joaooliveiraesousa@gmail.com

And I also heard that some forum members are on their way from Lisbon now! Bom caminho, Laurie
Mind Laurie and all others who want to find this place ,following the yellow arrows , they donot lead you into Azinhaga but before in the place named Polombinho there is a detour around Azinhaga due to some local political argueing last year.
So if you are around and want to go to this albergue, just follow the signs Azinhaga instead of following the yellow markings. You cannot miss the village because you walk through a flat landscape.
Bom caminho

Ah, yes, the battle of the arrows between Golega and Azinhaga. I know the albergue owners are aware of the mess and can give up to date information. Last I heard, both routes were more or less clearly marked, but maybe I misunderstood.

War of the Arrows :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The good thing about all of this is that apparently it means there is something to fight about. Five years ago, no one would have cared where the arrows sent people because there were no people walking!

Amen sister!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back