• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Plans to re-route the last 100km of the Norte

Time of past OR future Camino
This is picking up on the thread started by Sil and added to by Mike Vasey in September. Mike pointed to the caminodelnorte.es blog and specifically this post
http://www.caminodelnorte.es/2013_09_01_archive.html

I'd heard reports through the CSJ about this proposal; but there seems to be very litle information about who is proposing it, what authority they have, when it might be implemented and how it might be implemented. In some countries you'd expect some kind of a consultation with 'stakeholders', but I've heard nothing about such an exercise taking place in this case - yet.
My personal view is that if Miraz and Sobrado remain 'open' (as Sobrado has for about a 1000 years) then people will probably vote for the current way with their feet. But it is very unsettling that some body, obscure to us, seemingly has the authority to go about changing such an established and well-loved part of the camino, just because it decides to.
I think it would be useful for this forum to keep up to date with developments: at the very least we can share here any new information that members find out about these proposals. When you think about it, there's more (English-speaking) people collected here, with an interest in this camino than anywhere else on this planet. That's not to try and frame us as being the most important people in this exercise but to point out that we are still important.
Regards, tom

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back