• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Queeensland Pilgrims

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, I'm new to this forum. An Aussie from Central Queensland. I'd like to walk the Camino in July 2014. I'm looking forward to reading past and present posts. I'm so pleased that I have stumbled across this site. :)
Hola Kayci,
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
Happy planning.
Buen Camino
Colin
ps. You might consider also posting "hello" in the Pilgrim Introduction area, not that you have to, but more people might get to know you over there.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. An Aussie from Central Queensland. I'd like to walk the Camino in July 2014. I'm looking forward to reading past and present posts. I'm so pleased that I have stumbled across this site. :)
Hi Kayci,
Gerard from Brissy. Lots of friendly helpful folks here. The search feature is excellent. Have a look there then ask away!
Regds
Gerard

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Kayci,
Gerard from Brissy. Lots of friendly helpful folks here. The search feature is excellent. Have a look there then ask away!
Regds
Gerard
Hola Kayci,
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
Happy planning.
Buen Camino
Colin
ps. You might consider also posting "hello" in the Pilgrim Introduction area, not that you have to, but more people might get to know you over there.
Thank you Colin!
I will do exactly that :) Kayci

HI Kayci,
I am also living in Central Queensland (Longreach) and am thinking about doing the Camino in late Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec... (still deciding when - depends on my savings a lot!) Will keep an eye out for your posts to follow how your planning is going and exchange ideas/research etc..I wonder if there is anybody else in CQ that has done/is planning a camino?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Ellem, I've purchased my pack and poles. Looking carefully at clothing... Ie weight. At this stage I'm on my own but I believe that won't last as I'll make friends along the way. I've begun walking every day. Loaded the pack with 7 kg of bagged rice. Small steps.
I've also been to the local library for DVDs and literature.
I'm in Gladstone.
Keep in touch,
Kayci

In SA we have an organisation called the WEA and they provide short as well as more serious / longer Spanish courses. Janet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
HI Kayci,
I am also living in Central Queensland (Longreach) and am thinking about doing the Camino in late Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec... (still deciding when - depends on my savings a lot!) Will keep an eye out for your posts to follow how your planning is going and exchange ideas/research etc..I wonder if there is anybody else in CQ that has done/is planning a camino?
Hi Elem,
Perhaps we will meet along the way. I am planning to walk from the Netherlands starting at the end of May and should be getting to Spain at the beginning of September. The Camino is especially good to walk on your own as you meet so many other pilgrims that you are only alone when you want to be, yet you don't have the ties and issues that can arise when walking with someone else. It is a very personal journey. Enjoy your planning and I would encourage you to learn as much Spanish as possible. It is an awesome experience that will change your life.

Hi Kayci,

I have recently completed the de la Plata and Augusta - Cadiz to Santiago and in 2010 walked the Francis, I am in Brisbane happy to give you any advice,

Pilgrim Rick
Go in Peace
Author of;
“The Spanish Pyrenees Adventure(GR11)” and
Camino de Santiago – A Pilgrims Walk for Prostate Cancer Awareness”
Available Amazon.com or Lulu Publishing. Profits to Cancer Research.

Brisbane QLD
Australia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Kaci, good on you. I'm in Brisbane and starting my Camino in Pamplona on 2 May. Sounds like you are doing well with your fitness plans!

Regards,
Lorraine

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back