• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Re-starting from Pamplona.

Bernard duffy

Hi Folks,
I stopped walking in Pamplona last sept,now planning to start again thurs 5th june,planning a short ? 1o/15k walk from Pamplona first day,would anyone recommend a place to stay that first night.

Cheers,
Bernie.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good for you! Take it easy, build up your strength and fitness (you already know this!)
You could get out of the city and stay the first night at Cizur Menor, which would start you out in the country on your first day .. then see how it goes. If you take it easy you most likely will stay in Uturga or - but if you do feel fresh and it isn't too much of a push then Puente La Reina is a Fab little town, really pretty, and some lovely refugios. Just under 20k
Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I second Uterga! (although making a note of falcons suggestion).

Pamplona to Uterga is 16 km and there is a lovely albergue there on the left as you walk through the town, Albergue Camino del Perdon, Good food and lovely people. Enjoy your Camino.
Buen Camino.

I agree! Have stayed in the albergue several times; the showers are great , Internet is available and you can reserve. If you wish they also have private rooms with private facilities. Here is their web site.

MM

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Only stopped off at Uterga for a beer and it did seem like a great place with a good vibe but not very big - perhaps you can book?

Maybe Zariquiegui? Pamploma to Cuiz Menor is 5.1K? Cuiz Menor to Zariquiegui is another 6.2K? So a total of 11.3? In your stated range, It would also mean that you have only climbed a gentle 200K and not the extra (steeper) 140K to the Alto del Perdon. You would also have not undergone the steep, rocky and dificult descent. You would start your second day at the foot of the climb and the climb/descent should be easier at the start of a days walk than at the end. Just another suggestion for you to consider along with the others. My, don't we make decisions hard with our thoughts!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We will be starting from Pamplona on about the same day. I am walking slowly so I am very grateful for those who contributed ideas for starting slowly and happily from Pamplona. See you in June, maybe!

Bernard, I'm going back to the CF at the same time. Walked SJPP to SDC in 2012, mid May - Mid June. Acquired Camino addiction and walked CP April 2013 Lisbon to Muxia. Both 30 day walks. CP was a much more solitary experience so this time I'm choosing to feed my habit with more people around. Therefore my decision to walk CF again. I'm giving myself 36 days to make it to the ocean. Plenty of time to take my time, walk shorter distances, smell the roses, and stay in smaller villages between the normal stages. My plan right now, as much as I have a plan, is to walk to Zariquiegui after I land in Pamplona on June 4th at 10am. Beyond that I will let the Camino guide me. I look forward to bumping into you at some point. Keep an eye out for the old bald guy with a white goatee. Say hey and win a free cervesa from the director of mirth and merriment for the cosmos. Buen Camino.

Bernard, I'm going back to the CF at the same time. Walked SJPP to SDC in 2012, mid May - Mid June. Acquired Camino addiction and walked CP April 2013 Lisbon to Muxia. Both 30 day walks. CP was a much more solitary experience so this time I'm choosing to feed my habit with more people around. Therefore my decision to walk CF again. I'm giving myself 36 days to make it to the ocean. Plenty of time to take my time, walk shorter distances, smell the roses, and stay in smaller villages between the normal stages. My plan right now, as much as I have a plan, is to walk to Zariquiegui after I land in Pamplona on June 4th at 10am. Beyond that I will let the Camino guide me. I look forward to bumping into you at some point. Keep an eye out for the old bald guy with a white goatee. Say hey and win a free cervesa from the director of mirth and merriment for the cosmos. Buen Camino.
Hey dozer... see you on the way... Suz

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

That sounds like a wonderful plan,meet at beer o'clock :)))

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Maybe Zariquiegui? Pamploma to Cuiz Menor is 5.1K? Cuiz Menor to Zariquiegui is another 6.2K? So a total of 11.3? In your stated range, It would also mean that you have only climbed a gentle 200K and not the extra (steeper) 140K to the Alto del Perdon. You would also have not undergone the steep, rocky and dificult descent. You would start your second day at the foot of the climb and the climb/descent should be easier at the start of a days walk than at the end. Just another suggestion for you to consider along with the others. My, don't we make decisions hard with our thoughts!

This is good advice,many thanks.

Bernie and Suz, where are you all coming from / flying into to begin your pilgrimage from Pamplona? I'm flying through Chicago to Madrid on Iberia then grabbing plane connection to Pamplona. Chose this option this time because price differential for flight vs train wasn't significant and I was afraid if I took the bus I'd tell the driver to stop and let me off when I saw a pilgrim or yellow arrow. Hope to bump into both of you and share the joy that is The Camino de Santiago. While I'm in no rush to get through life I have to admit my excitement to once again be walking the Way of St James makes me want the next 60 days to get here ASAP.

Craig

I agree! Have stayed in the albergue several times; the showers are great , Internet is available and you can reserve. If you wish they also have private rooms with private facilities. Here is their web site.

MM

I would love to reserve a bunk here but the web page is in Spanish,and mine ain't so great at the mo,is it worth phoning them ?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would love to reserve a bunk here but the web page is in Spanish,and mine ain't so great at the mo,is it worth phoning them ?

Bernard,

Neither is mine! However do try a call . I remember speaking French and some English in the afternoon to the 'barista'; everyone is always VERY friendly.

Good luck and Buen Camino,

Margaret

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bernie and Suz, where are you all coming from / flying into to begin your pilgrimage from Pamplona? I'm flying through Chicago to Madrid on Iberia then grabbing plane connection to Pamplona. Chose this option this time because price differential for flight vs train wasn't significant and I was afraid if I took the bus I'd tell the driver to stop and let me off when I saw a pilgrim or yellow arrow. Hope to bump into both of you and share the joy that is The Camino de Santiago. While I'm in no rush to get through life I have to admit my excitement to once again be walking the Way of St James makes me want the next 60 days to get here ASAP.

Craig

And meet up we did brother,and walked the Camino together again since :)))

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back