• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Repairs to Camino Aragones

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

I didn't know the Camino Aragones was damaged, but it is being repaired!
WITH AN INVESTMENT OF 440,000 EUROS
Recovery Begins stretches of the Camino de Santiago affected by the storm of October

DirectoryAragón Government Cultural Heritage Livestock Environment Ebro Hydrographic Confederation Aragón Government Camino Santiago Education Department

Photo: Government of Aragon
ZARAGOZA, 29 Nov. (IRIN) -

The Directorate General of Cultural Heritage of the Government of Aragon has already begun the work of recovery of parts of the Camino de Santiago Aragon who were affected by heavy rains on 19 and 20 October. This interference affects the damaged elements as those in the area of ​​Jacetania.

The performances, which have the consensus of the Department of Agriculture and Environment of the Government of Aragon and the Ebro River Basin, will involve an investment of € 440,000 from the Department of Education, University, Culture and Sport, the latter reported in a statement.

Work will focus on repairs, replacement, signage and detours conditioning, among other things. "The works begin with great promptness and once the Cultural Heritage Technical Services would prepare a report on the conditions and the weather conditions have normalized in the area," said the director of Cultural Heritage, Javier Callizo.

Specifically, the work will consist of replacing the part of the road in the Rifle Dam. This is necessary to recover the missing section by the change of the river, replacing the breakwater protecting him. Also in the top sections of the bridge and Peña Canfranc Villanúa Fall to recover the affected road junctions in the ravines, which dragged the stones have come to clear your path.

Furthermore, the slope situated between the Port of Somport and Hospital Santa Cristina, will open a new path in the provisional area affected by the landslides that allows continuity of the road.

Callizo has stated that, in this case, "the action will be completed in the spring after the thaw and once to stabilize the slope." So "will momentarily open a temporary path to not interrupt the passage of pilgrims," ​​he noted the CEO.

Moreover, and as a result of the flood, there was a missing section cabañera by the road running in Castiello de Jaca. Therefore proceed to the reconstruction of the breakwater and the recovery of the layout of the road.

All these actions, which will be completed in early 2013, was completed with the placement of those elements that affect the safety of pilgrims such as signaling or rails, indicated the sources.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for the info. I'll be walking from Oloron next September so everything should be okayby then but I'll definitely pay more attention to the indications

Good news! I am hoping to walk from Somport beginning of May 2013. I was wondering how I would get across that avalanche. Hope there are others going then.
Heather

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back