• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

segovia

duds

once again my camino was stopped cause i had to return home at los huertos due to a personel matter.Anyway sleeping in Segovia i found pension Aragon in plaza mayor straight across from the tourist office, 17 euros single clean friendly and basic but access to hot shower.
So now im going to have to make a new plan,my family keep telling me i should go and lay in the sun some where, they just don,t understand.
I have sent the amigos de madrid a postcard thanking them for there yellow arrow cause whenever i had any doubts there was an arrow to guide me, oh! well 3rd time lucky

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You're an inspiration, duds.

I chose Segovia for my post-Camino R&R. Chatted to some courageous types doing the Camino de Madrid. Love that town, especially the Romanesque elements - and the aqueduct, needless to say.

Hope you get back to complete at a later date.

Rob

Hi Robertt,thanks for the encouragement i too spent 2 nights in Segovia thought the cathedral from the outside amazing, but the inside was just breathtaking.
Im toying with going back in December to reach Sahagun and mabe on to Leon i can not do big stages cause im no spring chicken,im not too sure about about the terrain between Sahagun and Leon ??
I did,nt find the isolation of the CM a problem,cause i spend quite a lot of time speaking to myself anyway so was never lonely.
thanks again

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In Segovia there is a new hostal opened called Duerme vela just below the aqueduct. It is on tripadvisor but the Tourist office can't advise as they have no approval yet. it is a great place owned by a young couple we cooked in the kitchen and used lots of free veggies. Segovia is a terrific city.

Hi Unadara,thanks for the valuable info cause next visit to Segovia possibly middle Dec. but would be arriving about 10 30 pm was concerned about finding somewhere cheap to sleep at that time oef night,but thanks cause i found it on hostelworld and can now book in advance great!!
Yes i too really like Segovia

Duds
Tell them I sent you! I told him I would try let pilgrims know as it such a handy location, great hosts, good kitchen, private room if you want..also watch out for the decor-deer head over mantle is a fake fur one, best i've ever seen ..as in sense of humour in decor. You take care and enjoy your walking.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, will do how will they know you will i say unadara or will they be able to identify another way ???

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back