• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shell gas stations- did you know= sellos

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
Hola !!!
In my final 10 days of the Norte here!!!!
But wondered if others knew or were interested that in Spain or atleast on the Camino , Shell gas stations will stamp your credential with a shell that says Camino de Santiago?
I saw a friends stamped and today crawled thru a field to a shell station across the highway:)
neve

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That's interesting. I never saw a Shell station though, only Repsol or however it's spelled.

There may be some Shell store fronts remaining in Spain, but

rotating.php

Royal Dutch/Shell sells 338 petrol stations in Spain, other Spanish ops
Sep 8th, 2004 by John Donovan.
AFX Europe (Focus): Royal Dutch/Shell sells 338 petrol stations in Spain, other Spanish ops
Sep 08, 2004

AMSTERDAM (AFX) – Royal Dutch/Shell said it reached an agreement with Spanish oil company Disa Corporacion Petrolifera SA concerning the acquisition by Disa of 338 Shell petrol stations in Spain, as well as 5 pct of Shell’s Spanish gas trading business and distribution operations throughout the country.

A shell station locator on the internet does not list Spain as having any stations.

http://www.shell.com/global/products-services/on-the-road/shell-station-locator/online.html

If Shell could make money commercializing the Camino, I suspect it would.;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

rotating.php

AFX Europe (Focus): Royal Dutch/Shell sells 338 petrol stations in Spain, other Spanish ops
Sep 08, 2004

AMSTERDAM (AFX) – Royal Dutch/Shell said it reached an agreement with Spanish oil company Disa Corporacion Petrolifera SA concerning the acquisition by Disa of 338 Shell petrol stations in Spain, as well as 5 pct of Shell’s Spanish gas trading business and distribution operations throughout the country.

A shell station locator on the internet does not list Spain as having any stations.

http://www.shell.com/global/products-services/on-the-road/shell-station-locator/online.html

Well I got one yesterday on the stage before Tapia de C on Norte....and my. Belgium buddy got one at sometime before meeting me about ten days ago....
So no idea about the locator but I stood in a shell station yesterday with HUGE Shell signs everywhere clearly a Shell station with the logo I have known for decades :)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

rotating.php

Sep 08, 2004

So two days ago as I was flying home from Santiago I took a taxi to the airport...there is a gas station right there as you approach the airport, I would say it touches the airport perimeter if not actually ON the airport grounds...it was a Shell station.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back