• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunshine Coast Camino Group

Llew

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances/Fin 2012, Norte/Ingles 2015, Port/Fin 2022
A "test the water" get together was held at Maroochydore on 7 April to see if there was interest in starting regular meetings on the Sunshine Coast. 30 people turned up, which was magnificent, and with apologies from another 15 it was agreed there was enough interest to have a gathering every couple of months. Their was a good mix of past and future pilgims.
The next get together will be a BYO picnic/bbq lunch at The Rotary Park, Cotton Tree at 11.00am on Sunday 2 June. Look for the yellow arrows to guide you.
All welcome.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Llew, I'll be in Vietnam on 2 June but keen if you have any further gatherings. Planning a Camino in 2014 either Apr or Sept and love to talk to anyone who has completed the journey. I'll keep checking the forum for any future gatherings when I return mid June. Regards

Good to hear from you sav163. Plan is to have a get together every 2/3 of months. Keep checking as note on next meeting will be posted.
Cheers, Llew

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'd love to join you for coffee in August. I love in Pelican Waters and yesterday I completed my Camino Frances from SJPdP. I'll be home by the 25June. Could you please me with the details. PS this is the 3rd attempt to contact you with these messages Llew. I'm wondering if I have a problem transmitting these messages with the iPhone whilst in Spain. Could you PM me if you get this? Thanks. Enrica :D

Hi Enrica,
Have sent you a PM. Did not receive earlier messages. Llew

Llew said:
Hi Enrica,
Have sent you a PM. Did not receive earlier messages. Llew
Hi Llew, I didn't receive the PM. My CdSF page tells me that I have no new messages. Could you please send again? Thanks
Enrica

Hi Enrica,
Have sent another PM> Hope you receive. If not keep looking here as venue for next gathering on 4 August will be advised soon.
Llew

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino Group is to be held at 2.00pm on sunday 4 August at the North Shore Community Centre. Entrance is via 701 David Low or 128 Mudjimba Beach Road. Please bring a plate to share for afternoon tea.
The first 2 gatherings have been extremely successful and we now have 65 persons on our data base.
If you require further information please reply to this e-mail or send me a pm.
Llew

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino Group will be held at 7.00pm on Tuesday 24 September at the North Shore community hall in Mudjimba.
This month we are holding a movie night and the film "My Journey" will be screened. This is one person's camino from St Jean to Santiago de Compostela.
For those who have walked a camino, be prepared to feel the heartstrings stir. For those contemplating the walk, this is a wonderful opportunity to build more detail into your dream.
Bring your own refreshments as it is a 2 hour movie.
60 people attended our last gathering - a great turnout.
For further information contact Llew (7) 54499904.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Excellent turnout of 55 people at last nights gathering. Group is going from strength to strength with over 100 members.
For any members looking to purchase lightweight, quick dry clothing, shoes or any other gear you may need for the camino, Lightweight Traveller in Bay Village, Hastings Street, Noosa are offering a 10% discount on any purchases for the camino. Just mention "Sunshine Coast Camino Group" and sign up as a member of their store.

Our next gathering will be held at Cotton Tree park, opposite 2nd Avenue, at 1.00pm on sunday 19 January.
Bring your own food, refreshments and chair.
The main topics will be food and accommodation on the camino but as always any questions will be answered.
For further information contact Llew 54499904.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
But what country. In Australia we have a Sunshine Coast, and possibly there are other countries. It would be really useful if members could put their country in their profile, or mention it in the post. This especially applies to equipment and suppliers.

But what country. In Australia we have a Sunshine Coast, and possibly there are other countries. It would be really useful if members could put their country in their profile, or mention it in the post. This especially applies to equipment and suppliers.
My apologies for not saying Australia but as it was entered under the sub heading Australia and New Zealand I assumed (maybe wrongly) that people would realise where it was.

Thanks Llew. It is great that you have such a vibrant group. I go to our Sydney group meetings, and I have been a visitor to a Canberra meeting and hopefully I will get to one of your meetings in the future.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back