Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi camino.com transports bags on the Primitivo

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
They provide:
Taxi-Service
Pick-up Service from/to Asturias Airport
Back packs and luggage transport
Shuttle-Bike
Support Vehicle Service
Information service for Peregrinos

http://www.taxicamino.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi there. Has anyone used the taxicamino.com service? What was your experience? Are there any other carriers?

I'm walking the Primitivo in two weeks' time and a friend may join me for a portion of it, but she's concerned about carrying her backpack for long distances, especially given the difficulty of the Primitivo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace,
Edgar

Hi Edgar.

I haven't used that service, as I've only walked the Via de la Plata, which doesn't have any organized Camino taxi services (yet!). However, what I've always done each night is ask someone either at the pension where I'm staying, or in a restaurant, for a reliable taxista to take my bags to my next night's lodging the following day. I've never had a problem, and I've done the VDLP 1.5 times, using taxis every day. So if your friend doesn't want to try taxicamino.com, or has a bad experience, that's another option.

Melanie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you sillydoll and Melanie for your help/suggestion.

Edgar

Hello Edgar .... did you find or use a bag transfer services on the Primitivo? Many thanks to you or anyone else who could advise.

We met Reuben who was using the transport service and seemed very happy. The only time he had a slight problem was when he was told, by some-one, that the 'Casa de Ponti' was at San Roman de Retorta and then found he still had 8kms to walk. His bag was already safely at Casa de Ponti waiting for him. The only reason we know is that he phoned the Casa to check his bag had arrived there before moving on.
I think he then walked on the Primitivo to Melide still using the service, but we branched off there to join the Francés at Palas de Rei. We met others using bag transport successfully from there onwards.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
What did it cost per km to use this service? Or does someone have an example of what is cost for a given stage? I have friends that want to join me but do not want to carry packs. Thanks.

Hi Edgar.

I haven't used that service, as I've only walked the Via de la Plata, which doesn't have any organized Camino taxi services (yet!). However, what I've always done each night is ask someone either at the pension where I'm staying, or in a restaurant, for a reliable taxista to take my bags to my next night's lodging the following day. I've never had a problem, and I've done the VDLP 1.5 times, using taxis every day. So if your friend doesn't want to try taxicamino.com, or has a bad experience, that's another option.

Melanie
Hi Edgar.

Melanie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back