• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Termas in Ourense

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
I understand that some of the termas in Ourense offer special rates

Does anybody have information about this ?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: Thermas in Ourense

Some of the Termas are free. The little tourist bus/train goes from the Plaza Major and costs €0.80. The first one looks nicer, it is also possible to bathe in the river, but the second has more shade. I can never remember the names but I suppose I could find out :?

Re: Themes in Ourense

We ended up checking out two different termes and the second terme was the better of the two.

Well worth the walk out there but if you are short of time or simply do not want to walk the distance consider taking the little tourist "train" there and back.

For more information about the terme check out the following link

http://www.termasoutariz.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I took the Tourist 'train' out to the Termas at Outeriz on Monday and discovered that the train is still running on the low season schedules (last year it had changed by the end of May) the driver has no idea whn it will change. In low season the 'train' runs 2 hourly with a 4 hour gap during 'siesta time'. However there is an ordinary bus, bus number 5 direction Reza, which runs to the car park at the other side of the river from there it is a simple task to walk down a footpath and cross the foot bridge. The car park is the last stop on this route and you can get the bus on Calle Juan XXIII, behind the Hotel San Martin, on the way back it stops at Parque San Lazaro just around the corner. It is easy to find Calle Juan XXIII as you just follow the camino signs!
The bus fares have now gone up and both the train and the bus cost €0.83
The bus takes about half the time of the train and is more comfortable and runs approximately half hourly.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back