• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Film "the way" release in Australia?

jujuaway

hello all, just wondered if anyone in Aus know when the film "the way" will be release in Australia.
i'm heading off from St Jean pdp pn Tuesday 6th September and i would love to see this film before i go.
Any ideas about how to see this film?
thanks, julie from sydney

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I purchased the DVD from Amazon uk several months ago and they ship it in about a week to Aust

Of course it is a uk DVD so will not play on a lot of Aust dvdplayers. It does play on some though for some reason and also on most computers with DVD software. It's not expensive either. It may be worth buying a couple of other DVDs or books on same order to make the delivery charge effective.
No one ever seems to have clue about when the movie will be released so I think this is the best way. Maybe check also on local on line dvd providers. I just know it works via uk and having bought other material there before I trusted the process and it turned up exactly as they promised
By the way it's worth every cent and brings us and our friends to nostalgic tears when we watch it and recall our experiences on the way.

Good luck and Buen Camino

Ian

Whoops
Maybe this advice is a bit late
Have just noted date of the question
Ian

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Apparently "The Way" will be released in Australian cinemas some time in April - that's according to the distributors who I emailed for information a few weeks ago.

Trudy

Hey! Umbrella Entertainment is releasing it in Australia.

The official release date is 26th April 2012. It will be shown in cinemas so you can see it on the big screen too!

You can keep up to date with it on the official Australian facebook page for the movie:
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 8446443308

Or go to the main Umbrella facebook page, they answer all your questions there too: http://www.facebook.com/UmbrellaEnt

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au is the website.

Hope that helps! :mrgreen:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.