• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport Madrid to Segovia/Albergue in Ane.

kolkarls

We are 4 Norwegians walking CdM in late August 2013 and plan to start in Segovia. Can anyone help me with suggestions for travel from Madrid Airport to Segovia preferrably by bus as the trains are not so frequent and we want to be in Segovia as early as possible. Arriving at Barajas ca 2 pm.
Would also appreciate any new info about albergue in Ane, is it open ?

Best regards
Kolbjorn Karlsen

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've taken the train from SEgovia and you should check the high speed train schedule because it's 25 minutes!

The bus company is La Sepulvedana, and they have a web site with schedules.

I don't know if there are buses to Segovia from the airport (I kind of doubt it). La Sepulvedana uses the bus station at Principe Pio. You can get to Principe Pio direct on the Cercanias line of RENFE and it takes about 45 minutes. If you're arriving in T4, that will be very easy, if you arrive in T 1,, or 3, you will have to take the airport bus that shuttles people around the terminals.

I haven't heard anything about the albergue in Ane being closed but maybe I missed something. I have only heard that it is very dirty and not maintained. But maybe that has changed as well. I didn't stay there because there are very nice alternatives if you schedule it right! Buen camino, you will love this route. Laurie

I think the faster option is the train. As peregrina 2000 states, if you're arriving in T4 you have "cercanias" train to Atocha and from there you have many possibilities to arrive to "Chamartin" where you can take the train to Segovia. From there is only 27 minutes. There's only one problem: the railway station is far from the city. You have the timetables in www.renfe.es.
You can take the underground too from Barajas Airport to Chamartin. You can consult it in www.metromadrid.es

Last edited:
I've been to Ane in May this year.
I had a look inside the albergue but it was so dirty I did not stay.
Maybe it's better now, I don't know.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Don't know about the albergue, but in Ane there is no way of purchasing food or drinks.
Giorgio

It's a long haul from Segovia to Santa Maria Real la Nieva, about 10 kms beyond Ane, but I think it is definitely worth an early start and making the extra push. The terrain isn't difficult, and leaving Segovia at dawn is magical. The albergue in Santa Maria is really nice, the town has a beautiful little cloister, and there are a couple of bars and shops. Buen camino, Laurie

SantaMariacloister.jpg SantaMariaalbergue.jpg SantaMariaalbergue2.jpg

There is a bar in Ane, that's where you pick up the key to the albergue.
Don't know how often the bar is open, though.

And I stayed in Santa Maria Real, too.
There's a very good hostal there, I believe it's called Hostal Meson Real.
Best hostal at the whole route, me thinks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there -we did a trip to Segovia from Madrid in June this year and trains from Chamartin to Segovia run all the time and it takes at most only 30 minutes to get there as it is a fast train. Then at the Segovia train station which is called Segovia-Guiomara a bus takes you to the centre of Segovia ( I think there are 2 bus routes at the station) which is 5km away (bus about E1.10). If you can sort out how to get to Chamartin you will be able to take the next train available. We were already in Madrid. However when we arrived in Madrid for our stay we took the bus from Madrid airport to Atocha. -the bus however took about an hour to Atocha. I would do the Cercanicas to get to Chamartin. Regards Jill
PS we were unaware of this new fast train line that goes via Segovia as it is relatively new.

You take the subway at T4 at the airport, you transfer at "nuevos ministerios" and get to "Principe Pio" from the bus terminal in Principe pio buses to Segovia every half hour, according salts Segovia bus station you take " fernandez Ladreda"street and get to the aqueduct, there Gascos questions down the street and she got a tourist hostel, a hug and a good way

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.