• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Uh-oh!!

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
When I left Madrid not even a week ago I was not even dreaming of thinking about another camino. As I have answered the "what now?" question upon arriving home, I have answered in terms of the rest of this year.
But I think I hear the Camino Levante calling.
Not sure where that came from, but I've read all the threads on it, checked out googlemaps, devoured gronze and mundicamino info and decided I should at least wait for the English edition guide to be updated;-)
Now I need to scrub my backpack (I've been waiting for a fine day) and refill it with my camino gear, ready for another time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Cannot get enough of it eh? I just wish it were closer to NZ and save those airfares.

Hi Rachel,

Happy to help fuel the Levante frenzy. As you undoubtedly know, Ltfit and filly have walked this year, so their advice will be more recent. We're building a good knowledge base for this camino! Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Rachel,
I returned home about 10 days ago after walking Valencia-Toledo. I haven't logged on for quite some time but saw your post this morning.
I will post a summery of my impressions of the Levante in the next few weeks but in short I would say: do NOT walk it alone! This is the only 3 week Camino that I have organized, started and finished with a companion and I am sure glad that I did. We saw only ONE other pilgrim during our entire walk - a 79 year old French woman from Lourdes going her 12th Camino! We only coincided for 3 days as she decided to do a 40+ km stage which we split in two!

Do not hesitate to pm if I can be of any help.
Cheers,
LT

Hi Rachael! You have the bug too, expensive for us living in Kiwiland. I am off to walk theVia Regia through the former Eastern Germany next week, backin Sept and will be in touch re meeting up, since we live in the same suburb. Love, Gitti

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back