• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well, I'm off!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I leave in 2 hours.

I've decided NOT to take the iPAD (too heavy) and I've decided to take my Pacer Poles.
They've been packed up and will be checked.

I hear that except for a thunderstorm expected later in the week, the walking weather from Lourdes in France and into Spain should be excellent.

See you on the trail!

Annie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi
have a great Camino,please post if you get the chance,having just seen most of it through a bus window would love to know if it walks as good as it looks.
bon route
Ian

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Annie - I'm not going to say "Break a leg!" because that would be disasterous! Take it slow. Don't rush it. If you manage to visit San Juan, don't hike down that trecherous mountainside, especially if it has been raining.
I'll be following you on the blog.
XXX

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm lying awake in pension peiro in Barcelona. It's 1:14 am and my body wonders why I'm in bed at 4 in the afternoon! I tried posting on my blogspot blog but can't access it via this iPhone. The street cleaners are noisy under the balcony and a drunk woman is singing loudly. I'm in Spain again! Hooray!

We found a super mercado for dinner food and prices don't seem much higher here than they were in 2009. Bread for 69 cents. Olives 49 cents a bag. 3 can tuna for 1 euro 50. And boxed tinto for 1euro 10. A bagged salad and we were ready for sleep.

For those arriving in Barcelona. Aerobus can be caught every 5 minutes from downstairs in the airport. Goes to plaza espana and plaza Catalonia. A bright blue bus. Price is 5.65 euros instead of the 50 euros the taxis charge. At plaza espana we caught metro line 3 to our hostel which is old and basic but clean and affordable at 45 euro for a double. My head is busting from the perfume in the 27 hour flight and in the sheets here. But that is something I've come to expect. 2 or 3 days walking will chelate the chemicals and I know I'll feel better.

Tomorrow is a rest day. I'll try to find a computer to post my blog. Sorry to be short but typing on my iPhone.

I spent last night in a HI hostel in madrid 13 euro with breakfast! i also went to a supermacardo and found the price of sangria too tempting, had a lay down and woke at 11pm , should not have had that drink.

Bus to Pamplona 21 euro :) planning to leave early tomorrow,

Buen Camino to all

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?chy2qc

ffp13 said:
I spent last night in a HI hostel in madrid 13 euro with breakfast! i also went to a supermacardo and found the price of sangria too tempting, also had a lay down and woke at 11pm , should not had that drink.

Bus to Pamplona 21 euro :) planning to leave early tomorrow,

Buen Camino to all

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?chy2qc
I plan to walk from Somport in September, so I am following all these posts. Please keep them coming!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Like the rest I say, please post! In another 19 days I start walking from Somport so any advice or updates about the track will be welcome.
Buen camino!!

Took the train to Toulouse, then Moissac where we stayed at the Priory. Absolutely crazy weather here! It was extremely hot day before yesterday in Moissac and I'm glad I didn't dump cold weather gear because it's actually chilly today in Lourdes.

Lourdes is incredible! I guess the militaries of all countries visit in May and we are awakened in the morning by groups of singing soldiers. bands play spontaneously all day. It has been wonderful. Now I await the candle procession at 9 pm then to bed for an early start to Asson tomorrow. We were able to pick up free maps of the Piemonte camino at the TI in the square. We met 2 Canadians today who had walked backwards from Canfranc and said the trail was good. The Albergue in Asson has only two beds so u must call ahead.

I'm typing on an iPhone at our Hotel Luxembourg. Please see my blog for more info.

Oh! The sun just came out! Maybe tomorrow will be good walking. Annie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Annie,

I too have a blogger site and I posted all my Camino blog entries directly to Blogspot via email from my iPhone. You have to create a Mail-to-Blogger address. If you are in Blogspot, go to Settings > Email and follow the directions.

"The Mail-to-Blogger feature turns any email account into a blog-posting application. In Settings | Email you can create a Mail-to-Blogger address which you will use to send posts via email to your blog."

You can also attach one photo to your email, to appear on your blog page. Any additional photos you have to upload from a computer. The way that works for me: I select a photo from the iPhone, click "email photo", the photo then appears in a New Email Message screen and then type your message after the photo. Best to delete any extra lines before and after the photo. What you enter in the Subject line of the email becomes the Title to your blog.

Hope this works for you, Allison

Thanks Allison! I'll go try that Now.

2 hours later - that is brilliant and so much easier! Thanks Allison! I was able to post photos too! Hooray!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.