• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is the most unususal sign you saw on CF?

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
I have seen the following signs in the same village. Obviously the residents are not happy with what pilgrims have done. The name of the village is in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 385
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
3279382350_a086d38ae1_z.jpg

Ages, February 2009

Unusual because the mileage number is still intact. I would say that sadly 99.5% of mileage number is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 243
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Does anyone have a photo of a sign 'no donkey carts' on the autopista? - we saw one from the bus on our way home; maybe it is unique. We couldn't get a photo :(

I was walking by a construction site heading out to Pamplona from Zubiri when I saw the Safety Sign below asking workers to wear their safey hats. I thought it was a riot that the character used to emphasize the "bravado" of wearing a safety hat was a Matador ;). Even funnier was the pair of shoes he was wearing....! What about Safety shoes!!??? Hilarious!243376_10150211615558948_6779677_o.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On the Le Puy route the oddest was a road sign warning of poultry. At Faycelles. No, really. Poultry.
nids.jpg

On the CF, it had to be....
2011_0421camino0543.jpg

The French might translate as "Certainly no bran from the road".

I dislike most pilgrim grafitti especially those that contain ¡HOLA! and somebody, or "Miss you Martha! However back in 2011 about 100k from Santiago someone had scribbled on the kilometer marker the slogan of Obama's election "Yes We Can!" Everyone stoped to photograph it. Quite nice.

On the Le Puy route the oddest was a road sign warning of poultry. At Faycelles. No, really. Poultry.
nids.jpg

road".

A nid de poule is a chicken nest, what we call a pot hole. I guess having poultry nests is no weirder than kitchen utensils in the road.

For me it's this one. Two times I came to this little village and it was hooot ... and guess what - that Bar was closed both times :eek:
That sure is a least unusual if not weird for me, hehe...

Attachments

• 0352-entering Azqueta (Lorca-Villamayor de Monjardin, 26.05.2009).jpg
    0352-entering Azqueta (Lorca-Villamayor de Monjardin, 26.05.2009).jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 160
Maybe not so unusual but I love the vintage look of the cars on these signs on the Primitivo. The second one complete with what looks like bullet holes!

Attachments

• DSC08253.jpg
    DSC08253.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC08254.jpg
    DSC08254.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 98
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I dislike most pilgrim grafitti especially those that contain ¡HOLA! and somebody, or "Miss you Martha! However back in 2011 about 100k from Santiago someone had scribbled on the kilometer marker the slogan of Obama's election "Yes We Can!" Everyone stoped to photograph it. Quite nice.
It seems that some have a need to scribble their name everywhere with a felt tip pen and I was saddened to see an Albergue shop selling said pens.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
nids.jpg

On the CF, it had to be....
2011_0421camino0543.jpg

The French might translate as "Certainly no bran from the road".

<<Nid de poules>> is French for "potholes" in the road.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
image.jpg This one is a bit too close to sounding e.coli-ish.

image.jpg You might need this product after eating at Feical bar. And then, the one below just made me laugh. I didn't bother google-translating what a penas is in Spanish.image.jpg

I don't remember this bit wish I had seen it. Really very funny. I loved the chooks in France and how they wander all over the place.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
And what does this mean?

IMG_1024.JPG

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Who'd expect to see him?

Attachments

• Camino de Santiago 1 559.JPG
    Camino de Santiago 1 559.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 106
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I have some serious reservations about posting this picture as I do not want to appear to be laughing at our wonderful Camino hosts' attempts at English. (After all, no one laughed at my attempts at speaking Spanish - at least not to my face.) However, after spending several nights in albergue dormitorios, where the freshness of the mattress covers and pillow cases was dubious, this sign, in a private room in an albergue, tickled my funny bone.

Attachments

• Camino 232.jpg
    Camino 232.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Still wondering why there was a bra and panties on top of a km marker near naveretta. About two kilometers past the back pack ripped to shreds on the trail that everyone thought was a zombie kill site.

I have see the following signs in the same village. Obviously the residents are not happy with what pilgrims have done. The name of the village is in the picture.
Saw the squatting "no dumping" signs also and thought they were a hoot. I happened to be walking with Jose from Madrid at the time. He said he had never seen another one like them anywhere else.o_O

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Still wondering why there was a bra and panties on top of a km marker near naveretta. About two kilometers past the back pack ripped to shreds on the trail that everyone thought was a zombie kill site.
Xin loi
Love your sense of humour! I was laughing for a while just picturing your 'vision'.

I have see the following signs in the same village. Obviously the residents are not happy with what pilgrims have done. The name of the village is in the picture.
Pilar.jpg
This fellow has all the bases covered.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Also on the Norte (photo above of Poo) is the village and sign for Boo - sorry no photo.

I have seen the following signs in the same village. Obviously the residents are not happy with what pilgrims have done. The name of the village is in the picture.

Attachments

• cowsign.jpg
    cowsign.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 71
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
On the Le Puy route..

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 85
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Concots sign.jpg

This may require explanation. This poster in Concots, France, is promoting a bus trip to Conques. There's a midday option: either a picnic as seen in the cartoon of a couple with their basket on a blanket, or a restaurant meal. The latter option is represented by a picture of Tom's Luncheonette on the NE corner of 112th Street and Broadway in New York City. I've enjoyed dozens of Saturday breakfasts there myself, but it's probably most familiar from the frequent appearances it made on the TV series Seinfeld.

Bill

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
These are my favorites so far: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406118247.986608.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406118275.671735.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406118311.572599.jpg

After Wessobrun monastery, on the Munich jakobsweg, in a little travelled way, mostly farmlands. I wondered what it meant.

DSCF2372.JPG

Saw this one last week in the industrial area before Santiago de Compostela. Gave me such a great laugh just when I needed one!

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 56
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No one else saw all of the signs on kilometer markers saying, "No Pedos" ? Never saw them after Burgoes. Was told the writer was equating Pilgrims with Pedophiles. Very graphic drawing with that message.

Towards Santiago saw many references to Penguinoes instead of Pilgrims.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back