• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino When your Camino doesn't go 'as planned'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilledKat

Time of past OR future Camino
June/July 2014
Hi everyone,

Live from Leon. I will precursor this by saying this is a very sensitive topic to write about or share. For me at least.

Well my Camino has certainly taken many twists and turns so far. As is to be expected. With that comes many lessons also.

I now find myself in Leon. In a cheapish hotel near the river, contemplating the next chapter of my Camino. A second visit to a medical centre since my trip started, the first being for a sprained ankle. This time, after a 27km+ walk on my birthday no less, I find that I have a very bad infection and currently am unable to walk. Literally. I have two massive bandages around both feet, the result of not listening to my body and trying to walk through the pain.

I have been called everything from a taxigreno to a hotelgreno and all in between. Luckily most have been gentle with me at the times I have been most hard and cruel to myself. I have been advised that I am not allowed to walk at all for four days and will have to get my bandages changed daily by a doctor and my wounds seen to. My feet look like a horror film.

Which brings me to this. My new Camino. It's going to be markedly different from the one I was on. I may not reach Santiago in time before my flight leaves now. It's financially not possible for me to change my flights back to Australia. It leaves me with a huge dilemma of what is important....the walk or getting to Santiago. I have sadly missed much of the Meseta which was so important for me to do.

I have been lectured by a French zealot at a private hostal on doing it the right way and that clearly I haven't been.

So this post is just a gentle reminder to all who we see on the path that we each have our own challenges. Some may have none, others many.

A beautiful Camino friend shared with me recently her favourite Kafka quote. I think this sums it up aptly

"We are as forlorn as children lost in the woods. When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the griefs that are in me and what do I know of yours. And if I were to cast myself down before you and weep and tell you, what more would you know about me than you know about Hell when someone tells you it is hot and dreadful? For that reason alone we human beings ought to stand before one another as reverently, as reflectively, as lovingly, as we would before the entrance to Hell."

Thank you for allowing me to share.
Katrina xo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am sorry to read your walk on the camino has become a disaster.

I would suggest, that once the immediate medical issue is done, catch the next bus to Finisterre and find a place on the beach to just really recover. Risking chronic health problems isn't worth it. The camino is nothing but a road that is pleasant to walk upon.

Congratulations on doing what you did. Do you have some insights on preparation and gear that might help future pilgrims? Get well soon, and have fun anyway. Buses can get you to a lot of interesting places. I once took a bus from Leon to Oviedo for a day trip. Oviedo is worth three days, so I have to go back someday for more. The terrain is spectacular getting to Oviedo.

Buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I can't imagine how I would have felt if my Camino had developed the way yours has. I do know that I was truly blessed to have healthy feet but I think that had I not, it would have been much like standing at the entrance to Hell.
Each has their suggestion: Go to O Cebreiro en route to your plane and stay for as long as you need. For me it was the essence of the Camino.
Buen Camino

Last edited:
My goodness you've certainly had a baptism of fire but on the plus side you're now a very well seasoned pilgrim indeed…….so however you travel and whatever route you take to your journeys end go gently and be well.
N

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Poor you, what a bl**dy nuisance/pain.
Firstly listen to your body and the quacks for the next few days.
Meanwhile, as you sit/lie frustrated, and cross, in your hotel by the river in Leon, plot/research a different rest of your camino.
Obviously what you can realistically plan depends on a) the date of your return flight to Oz and b) remaining funds available.
Divide funds by days remaining to give you a rough budget for each day remaining.
Next, what are your interests/pleasures?
Art, architecture, fauna/flora, tapas (!) or, perhaps, people watching?
You could write a personal guide to any one of those in, say, Leon or Santiago.
i.e. in the case of the last of those suggestions just sit outside a cafe/bar in either of those towns, with your cotton bud stick feet (sorry to mock!), and write witty observations of the pelegrinos toiling past.
This may sound a bit negative by only mentioning Leon and Santiago but in a way it would save part-sampling and thus spoiling the experience of the bit in between.
And in saving that in between bit you could save it for a future camino starting in, say, Madrid and walking the Camino de Madrid which joins into the Camino Frances at Sahagun.
In the meanwhile stay cheerful, we may not be with you but, in some sort of a way, we all share your pain, frustration and disappointment.
Onwards and upwards, says I.

I am sorry to read your walk on the camino has become a disaster.

I would suggest, that once the immediate medical issue is done, catch the next bus to Finisterre and find a place on the beach to just really recover. Risking chronic health problems isn't worth it. The camino is nothing but a road that is pleasant to walk upon.
This is great advice. Take what you have and be grateful for the experiences and the lessons. It is not the end of the world. And I'm sure it is not the end of your Camino.
Buena Suerte Peregrina.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have been so blessed in many ways and certainly didn't write my post to elicit sympathy nor complain. It was just a gentle reminder to all currently on the Camino that, like life, things don't always go as planned. So to try and be gentle in the process. I have been surprised by a member of my Camino family who bussed in to help me for a few days and then they will bus back to Carrion to continue walking. So how lucky am I?!

I have also been blessed with a bath so am now able to wash :)ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1404845509.068661.jpg

Joy abounds xoxo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Happy Birthday:) May there be many more

... I'm (quite a bit) in awe. I'm amazed at the positivity that you display whilst experiencing a set back. I am so glad to hear that you've found both good friends - and the luxury of a bath;)

Taxigreno, cleanogreno, hotelogreno - it says more about those applying the labels than what it says about you

One of my favourite quotes is "The veil that hides the future from us is woven by an angel of mercy" - as personally I know that I would have "chickened out" if I knew what was ahead, and that would have meant that I'd missed out on so much. It is easy to deal with expectations that are fulfilled, we learn more - and live more when we are challenged, and I think it gives us more

Saying that things did not go to plan is honest and brave, once again I'm in awe of both your honesty and your courage. Taxi, bus, walk... Santiago or not - to me the Camino is not the end station, it is the journey itself. I do hope that your feet get better - and that you manage to decide on a path forward that feels right for you.

Once again - happy birthday:)

Hi everyone,

Well my Camino has certainly taken many twists and turns so far. As is to be expected. With that comes many lessons also.....

"We are as forlorn as children lost in the woods. When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the griefs that are in me and what do I know of yours. And if I were to cast myself down before you and weep and tell you, what more would you know about me than you know about Hell when someone tells you it is hot and dreadful? For that reason alone we human beings ought to stand before one another as reverently, as reflectively, as lovingly, as we would before the entrance to Hell."

Katrina, it's a great quote. Thank you for that. In the last few days I have experienced a setback, only a small thing, but last night I heard myself trying to justify one of my actions. It's a situation where the full information is not mine to share. Your post has given me courage to follow my path and to ignore the critics. How crazy when we value ourselves according to the measures that others impose, instead of the truths we hold within.

Amazing Camino. The well laid plans of mice and men...... St James seems to be tugging you in an unexpected direction.

You might soldier on to Santiago using buses and mixing in some walking. Or perhaps this is not the right time or way to spend your time. The Camino roads have been there for a thousand years, they are not going away - if not this year, maybe another.

I've just been reading the "tapas" trail - and that has lots of appeal! In the grand scheme of things there may be some person in a bar somewhere in Spain who needs to meet you.... I quite like the idea that the purpose of our whole life is to have an encounter with one particular person.

Staying outside the cities is usually much cheaper, especially if you take a room for a whole week. I would not want too much time in a tiny place but there are numerous lovely small towns - fishing villages on the coast (Finisterre being one) ? where you could immerse yourself in Spanish daily life without too much expense. Or you could use the cheap bus and trains to explore Spain further afield.

Lots of choices - but only you will know what is right for you.

Katrina,

I am super proud of you. You figuratively and literally "put yourself out there" as we say in the States. You went beyond your comfort barrier and pushed yourself. And while your walking may have come to end this year, I suspect you have not seen the last of the Camino. Again, I am very proud of you and proud to call you my friend.

Robert

Kat!!! You are my Camino twin.

I had a similar experience last year. My Camino ended (or perhaps paused) in Leon after rupturing my calf in Burgos. I tried to bike...but had to stop.
I was called a cheat by a forum member here....it crushed me. I hid in my Leon hotel room and cried for a whole day...ashamed.
Like you I was a long way from home (NZ)...alone and couldnt change my flights.

I ended up catching a train to Santiago. ..I hobbled into the Cathedral. ..and hardly anyone was there. ...I sat and cried....I prayed for those that had asked me to say a prayer for them. Then I caught a bus to Finisterre then Muxia.
In Muxia I spent two hours walking the last 2km to the church by the sea. It still remains one of the most powerful moments in my life.

No one can take away what you have achieved.
Some need to walk in a straight line to get a message...for others....we get curve balls.

The path you are taking has just changed thats all. A mere detour.
I had to hobble for the reminder of my time in Spain and Portugal. I look back now and remember such peace and calmness at moving slowly. I believe I saw more ...as I was more focused rather than expericing the world at top speed.

Big hug!!!!
Ps. That bath looks awesome.

And yes...my lesson was similar to yours. Be gentle to yourself.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lise and Kat, you girls are awesome. I'm in planning for my 4th camino, 2nd Via de la Plata and touch wood I go well. Your comments on slowing down resonated with me as it was a lesson I learned after my 1st camino 2003. Tendinitis was a great wise teacher and successive caminos have been planned with plenty of buffer days. As a Kiwi, I also have to consider the long flight, difficult to change dates.

Bless you Kat, I hope each day brings you small pleasures. X grace

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

Big tears this morning from all your lovely words of encouragement, blessings and advice.

I read a great quote once that said when you slow down and stop chasing the wrong things, the good things have a chance to catch up with you. Trust is the key I guess and a gentle reminder that when we think we are in control, we're not.

So thank you for the love. May it return tenfold to you all. Will keep you updated xox

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Kat, I am sure that once you have rested and let those feet heal, you will have come up with a good plan for the days you have left. Maybe you will even be able to bus ahead to somewhere like Sarria and take some short days until you reach Santiago- and maybe not. All the best with however it pans out in the end. Just go gently with yourself- and I hope others that you meet do too.
Margaret

Hi everyone,

Live from Leon. I will precursor this by saying this is a very sensitive topic to write about or share. For me at least.

Well my Camino has certainly taken many twists and turns so far. As is to be expected. With that comes many lessons also.

I now find myself in Leon. In a cheapish hotel near the river, contemplating the next chapter of my Camino. A second visit to a medical centre since my trip started, the first being for a sprained ankle. This time, after a 27km+ walk on my birthday no less, I find that I have a very bad infection and currently am unable to walk. Literally. I have two massive bandages around both feet, the result of not listening to my body and trying to walk through the pain.

I have been called everything from a taxigreno to a hotelgreno and all in between. Luckily most have been gentle with me at the times I have been most hard and cruel to myself. I have been advised that I am not allowed to walk at all for four days and will have to get my bandages changed daily by a doctor and my wounds seen to. My feet look like a horror film.

Which brings me to this. My new Camino. It's going to be markedly different from the one I was on. I may not reach Santiago in time before my flight leaves now. It's financially not possible for me to change my flights back to Australia. It leaves me with a huge dilemma of what is important....the walk or getting to Santiago. I have sadly missed much of the Meseta which was so important for me to do.

I have been lectured by a French zealot at a private hostal on doing it the right way and that clearly I haven't been.

So this post is just a gentle reminder to all who we see on the path that we each have our own challenges. Some may have none, others many.

A beautiful Camino friend shared with me recently her favourite Kafka quote. I think this sums it up aptly

Thank you for allowing me to share.
Katrina xo
I am very sorry you are having a nightmare with your feet. My feet were not so great either but I wasn't infected.

Everyone's journey is different and there are no rules, it's mostly ad lib except trying to get to logical stages if possible.

God puts challenges before us on this Camino to help us learn and reflect.

You are in Leon, so try to get to Melide and have fabulous octopus or Samos to see the monastery murals. In Sarria, there is a GREAT Italian restaurant.

The Camino is about walking , praying/ reflecting, meeting the like minded peoples of the world and getting to know them a little or a lot and ask the why they are walking it. The answers are very interesting.

Good luck with your infections. Take them seriously. After you're very healed, make your decisions - well now you have the time to think about those decisions.

Maybe your Camino has to do with seeing the care of the medical staff and other patients. That is a unique one.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi All

Just spent the last three hours in the hospital. Fortunately I was so blessed to have a beautiful doctor who treated me. Sadly the news isn't what I wanted to hear. I am not allowed on my feet for the next five days at all and after that only very minimal. I have been advised that at this moment my Camino as I know it has come to an end.

Many tears were shed and fortunately for me, he understood and was empathetic to my need to finish. At this point however a wheelchair is my legs.

I have a lot of thinking to do the next few days as I need my infection treated daily. My heart is breaking as I write this. I wanted more than anything to walk this Camino, to free myself and find myself. There is much reflection to be had. And a huge part of me needs to forgive myself. I hope I can do that. At this very moment I am finding it hard to do so. I feel I have failed on so many levels.

In the grand scheme of my life, where does this fit? Only time will reveal all I guess.

I will keep you posted if I may, on my progress.

Hi All

Just spent the last three hours in the hospital. Fortunately I was so blessed to have a beautiful doctor who treated me. Sadly the news isn't what I wanted to hear. I am not allowed on my feet for the next five days at all and after that only very minimal. I have been advised that at this moment my Camino as I know it has come to an end.

Many tears were shed and fortunately for me, he understood and was empathetic to my need to finish. At this point however a wheelchair is my legs.

I have a lot of thinking to do the next few days as I need my infection treated daily. My heart is breaking as I write this. I wanted more than anything to walk this Camino, to free myself and find myself. There is much reflection to be had. And a huge part of me needs to forgive myself. I hope I can do that. At this very moment I am finding it hard to do so. I feel I have failed on so many levels.

In the grand scheme of my life, where does this fit? Only time will reveal all I guess.

KATRINA you are in my prayers. Please do keep us posted!

In Christ's love

Fr. Moses

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
chilledKat as Lise T says "Be gentle to yourself" and I wish you all the best for your future, and please do keep us all informed, as I might need to draw on your experience when I walk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I felt this way initially when I had to drop out earlier this year but you have made the right decision and you have not failed, just postponed.
Exactly. Hopefully you will get back another time and can walk the rest, if that is what you decide you want to do. All the best with your healing.
Margaret

I feel I have failed on so many levels.
Oh Kat, far from it. Your words, and those of others on this thread, have meant so much, I can't even find the words. I am so sorry that you won't be able to finish your Camino as planned (this year anyway), but a failure this is not. This may sound like a terrible cliché right now, but maybe when your feet have healed and you are feeling better, you might look at this situation and what it has enabled you to give to others by talking about it here. I hope you are able to feel that - and as you said in your first post, be gentle with yourself.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I hope you come back and try again!

I hope you do too. I feel so bad for you. I know how excited I am about doing my first Camino this September-- I can only imagine how disappointed you must feel.

I can only reiterate what others have said-- there MUST be a lesson here which is personal to you. I'm sure over time you will figure that out.

Now, allow those feet to heal properly-- they have a lot of walking left to do!

Joe

Hey Kat...

I know there is not much we can say to console you. ..I completely understand what thoughts are rattling around inside your head and heart at the moment.

But know....that we are right beside you.

Just wondering. ...but have you contacted your insurance company? They may be able to help you get home sooner....and there may be provision for someone to come over and help you as well.

I had to call my one last year as there were doubts I would be able to fly as I may have had a clot after my injury. The backup was they were going to put me in first class so I could lie down. ..but an MRI in Lisbon cleared me at the last moment. Doup! So close.;)

Please do keep us in the loop.
Gentle Hug.

Dear Lovely Kat,

Please try & be gentle with yourself. Sometimes, we do things & think that they were the wrong choice. Perhaps, there is a very good reason that you pushed yourself like you did & you are exactly at the right place at the right time. Only God knows. I see this as a break in your journey, a temporary interruption. You have the rest of your life to continue your Camino. Some would say you will be on it until you complete it. This is a great opportunity to love yourself more & let go of the old patterns.

I was in Mexico & we were climbing up this mountain to a pyramid. I got almost all the way to the top. It started getting dark & the guide said it was time to go back down. I wished I could have made it to the top. Maybe I will go back someday & complete it. Idk. The journey was the journey I was supposed to take.

I bet you have gotten way more out of the Camino than you realize at this time. I am sure that as you let go of the sadness, disappointment & frustration, the gifts of your journey will reveal themselves.

Please take good care of yourself. I'm praying for you & sending you lots of love.

Xoxo

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I feel I have failed on so many levels.
Not at all: You are THERE. Many people only daydream about the Camino, but you are there. Many envy you.

So, things went bad for you. For me too: I had to stop in Astorga this May due to pneumonia in cold winds and rain, and return home. The weather forecast predicted 10 more days of rain, cold, and some snow in the mountains, so there was no change for me to go on, healthwise (Iam 60). So what? Next time, I'll take a train to Astorga and walk from there, completing my credential. No big deal, only some extra costs.

As for those who called you names: They are probably proud of themselves and their own achievements, but they are not real peregrinos in their hearts.

Get well, and return to Leon another time to complete. I am sure you will.

All the best,

Not at all: You are THERE. Many people only daydream about the Camino, but you are there. Many envy you.

So, things went bad for you. For me too: I had to stop in Astorga this May due to pneumonia in cold winds and rain, and return home. The weather forecast predicted 10 more days of rain, cold, and some snow in the mountains, so there was no change for me to go on, healthwise (Iam 60). So what? Next time, I'll take a train to Astorga and walk from there, completing my credential. No big deal, only some extra costs.

As for those who called you names: They are probably proud of themselves and their own achievements, but they are not real peregrinos in their hearts.

Get well, and return to Leon another time to complete. I am sure you will.

All the best,
Kat Alex is right you haven't failed at all. The other day I talked to a 70+ year old woman who said she had been wanting to do the camino since she was in her 20s but she never got around to it. You did it. You're there. Shit happens. It could happen to any of us so give yourself some slack and get well soon. The camino will be there when you're back to yourself :D I love this forum. I seriously get emotional with the amount if support in this community and I can't wait to experience it for myself when I get there. Good luck!! Stay strong :D

You have a interesting story to tell, a true challenge has been met, you should be proud of your achievement. Maybe it is just unfinished business, a calling from the Camino for you to return one day...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Everyone is right when they say you haven't failed. You have had more problems than almost anyone but you have tried and just had a bad roll of the dice. You were courageous to try and there will always be another day as long as you are sensible and look after those feet, which by the way are starting to become iconic! :) You have started the journey of a lifetime which like life doesn't always goes smoothly. You have shared your disappointment with us and we all feel for you (and possibly we secretly are grateful it didn't happen to us). I pray for your complete recovery and look forward to hearing of your continuing your camino at some point in the future.

I aslo had skin infections on my first camino.
First i had a bad case of shin splits on both shins. Swolen legs, ankles and feet. Then a doctor suggested i use a certain type of tape to get a bit more support on my shins. The tape could last for up to 10 days and i should be able to shower with it. Good idea, i thought....untill it started itching, and not a little, but alot.
When i finally took the tape of, i had a rash like you would not believe and on top of that, while taking the tape off, i ripped my skin and apparently dirt or something else got into the open wounds resulting in more itching and very ugly looking legs, both legs again.
It was so awfull, it was like my legs were leaking. First transparant fluids, but after a few days it was yellow-ish puss.
It was awfull, i looked awfull.
I showered with plastic bags on my feet, like you and your bath picture and spent hours a day just cleaning my legs and wounds. The shin splits forced me to take a few rest days and after that i walked on to SdC, so it was not as bad as you, but i SOOOO know how you feel.
After a few days i was a walking farmacia. I had more bandages in my backpack then the farmacia had in stock.

Doctors told me, no more camino, no more, but i played deaf.
They told me the same thing when i lost one of my toe nails in the first week. Because of moisture build up in my boots the toenail just fell off. This also was a big (bloody and raw meaty) mess in my socks haha. Went to the doctor, they cleaned it, bandaged it, gave me a crash course bandaging and from there on I just cleaned it every day, new bandages, showering with plastic bags ect?..and i walked on. So by the time i had the skin infection, i was a well trained self sufficient male camino nurse :)

10 days of taking anti-biotics finally cured my infections.

I still love the camino. Planning my third one now.

Hope your love for the camino isnt gone because of your troubles.

Dear Katrina,
Falling over is a natural part of learning to walk. Watch any toddler and it is clear that "failing" is how we are programmed to learn. The only person who hasn't "failed" at something is the person who has learnt nothing - and they aren't living. Anyway, I agree with the other posts - there is no pass or fail on the Camino. You haven't failed anything, just taken a tumble.
I think you should sit back and give yourself as much Spanish pleasure as possible. Including limonada casera, which is a specialty of Leon - rather like a white wine version of a Sangria. Delicious!
And keep writing. I feel for your pain and frustration but am still enjoying your posts.
Just to cheer you up, Sydney is freezing cold and windy.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes Kat keep us in the loop. I think we're all enjoying your posts. I agree with Al and whoever I read said the pics of your feet reminds them of the traveling gnome :D you could start a blog... Maybe something like Kat's Camino Adventures or Wrappy Feet or Gauze with the Wind or Singing in the Pain or Ben Hurt or The Grapes of Wrap or Rebel without a Pause or Trouble in Paraiso. Ok I'll stop now. Just trying to lighten the mood but I honestly hope you're ok and know you're not alone :D

Yes Kat keep us in the loop. I think we're all enjoying your posts. I agree with Al and whoever I read said the pics of your feet reminds them of the traveling gnome :D you could start a blog... Maybe something like Kat's Camino Adventures or Wrappy Feet or Gauze with the Wind or Singing in the Pain or Ben Hurt or The Grapes of Wrap or Rebel without a Pause or Trouble in Paraiso. Ok I'll stop now. Just trying to lighten the mood but I honestly hope you're ok and know you're not alone :D

I particularly like Gauze with the Wind. Which brings to mind that memorable quote: "Frankly, my feet, I don't give a damn".

I wanted more than anything to walk this Camino, to free myself and find myself.

I hope and pray that when all is said and done, you will believe that yes, you HAVE found yourself. You have found strength and fortitude in the face of adversity. You CAN deal with pain. You CAN cope with the unexpected and unplanned. And you have retained a positive outlook and the ability to share (love the feet pictures) with others. An important human grace.

It is humbling to realize how much we rely on our lower appendages. It is humbling to accept help and charity from others because of damaged feet (I speak from personal experience). This was not the Camino you planned, but as time slips by, you will find that it was still a good Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Kat, you sounds like a strong and courageous woman; my heart hurts for you that there are pilgrims who judge and called you names such as "taxigreno and hotelgreno". Why would anyone do this? You must do what is right for you and do not listen to the negative comments. You are walking your own path, dealing with serious medical conditions alone in a foreign country and that takes strength and determination and strong character. You sound like an amazing woman and I'd love to meet you one day. I set out on my Camino this coming September 13th; I can only hope I have as much strength as you. One thing I will do, is remember something my mom used to say to me when I was little... "everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Kat, so sorry for your troubles, this one camino you will not forget. It is hard now but all will be okay. Don't listen to the nut cases out there, you are fine, very brave and a true peregrina. I suspect you have made many friends on the trail and became part of the camino community, that is the true camino.

Kat I just want to say I hope your feet are feeling better soon, the experiences you've had on the camino, especially the good experiences will live with you forever. And the camino will always be there to return to, if you wish to do so, one day. You are a strong, brave lady to be dealing with on your own, in a foreign country and I admire your courage very much.

Sending love and many hugs

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Kat. The title of your post spoke to me. I didn't have anywhere as difficult as a Camino as you seem to be having, but I can relate. I went into my Camino believing that I was meant to take the journey, and for some reason, because I was meant to take it, it was supposed to be An Adventure that I could conquer with relative ease. It was a huge blow to my expectations and ego when I got injured just a few days after I started in Pamplona. I was terrified that I would have to stop walking. My ankles and knees gave me trouble for well over half the Camino, but as I grew stronger and got some medical attention along the way, it eventually subsided. I don't tell you this to encourage you to keep on the Camino, necessarily, but just to explain what happened to me, because as it turned out, my injuries, and the experiences I had in dealing with them, turned out to be a really valuable experience regardless. It sucks at the time, of course. But you learn a lot about yourself in your despair. I think it's easy to get swept up in the idea that it is the road itself, the kilometers, the landscape which transform us, when in reality, if transformation is meant to happen, it happens in our interactions with other pilgrims, the environment, and with ourselves in all that unusual quiet we have while walking. It also happens in our reactions to these sorts of surprises.

Listen to your body, and do whatever it is that calls to you. The meseta is remarkable, but there isn't necessarily inspiration and wisdom imparted just from walking it. The road ahead, travelled or not, isn't your Camino. This experience is your Camino, and you have a right to treasure it and take whatever you can from it just as a pilgrim with a certificate has. I like the suggestion of getting yourself to Finisterre. It is, for some people, more final and official a destination than Santiago, and I think the sea is restorative in so many ways. Take good care of yourself. Remember the Camino will be here in the future, ready for you. Just take what you can from this experience and don't let the bastards (Camino purists, naysayers) grind you down.

Hi All

Dearest Kat, has it occured to you that you have been given an opportunity for quiet stillness to do what you "wanted more than anything" (else) "to free myself and find myself?" Quite obviously it won't be a walking meditation, but it can certainly be a time for classic meditation. If you need some meditation techniques I'm certain many of us here can reply with this information. You are being forced to sit quietly, alone and unfettered. This is ripe for "finding yourself." It just isn't the way you were expecting. Many of us pay more to go on meditation retreats. I keep having this little fantasy of you at age 60, reminiscing on what unexpected discoveries you made when you were compelled to sit quietly and reflect while on "my trip to Spain."

Please continue to keep us posted. A lot of us are following your trials and tribulations very closely.

People who have never been in your shoes have no idea what you are going through and because of that can be insensitive about your plight. They are not trying to be mean spited they are just trying to cheer you up.

People often, actually quite often, don't listen to what their body is trying to tell them. We call it denial. Small blisters become life threatening cellulitis, that ache in the lower leg becomes a disabling shin splints. Men are the worst, that little chest pain is just sore muscles and all is well when they are really having a heart attack.

Get well, follow the doctors orders to the letter. Rest, elevation, pain management, dressing changes, and taking prescribed medications until ALL GONE.

Rethink completing your Camino this year. You have, unintentionally, put your self at risk and while the Camino is important it's not worth sacrificing your health. Speedy Recovery Urban T

Last edited:
Hello Kat - I dont have anything to add that hasn't already been said.

I've read this post a few times and felt bad about not saying something... so I just want to say that your legs look fab in those pictures!

I hope you've got folks around you to keep you company and best wishes with whatever you decide... and bah humbug to anyone that says bad things!

Hi, Kat!

I seem to remember that you like short and pithy quotes.

Maybe now is time for something less pithy, certainly not short but an excerpt of a favorite writer that brightens me when I am down.

“…I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for naught.

I shall do good, I shall do His work. I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments.

Therefore I will trust Him. Whatever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him.

He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about.

He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me -- still He knows what He is about. …

Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but rather that it shall never have had a beginning….”

[John Henry Newman]

Good luck and chin up!

B

Oh you folks are fabulous!!!!!!

Smiles, tears and many laughs from the posts you have so lovingly taken the time to write.

The latest news is that the infection is in both feet. I have damaged my nerves ending underneath from have shredded layers off...I will leave sharing the rest of the diagnosis. The antibiotics have been making me very sick. But am alive and have a lot to be thankful for. (Apart from a bad insurance company!)

The experience has been especially humbling having now to navigate the cobbled streets of Leon and non wheelchair friendly places. My time in this is only very short and I don't want to appear disrespectful to anyone who has to be confined to a chair. It makes you have a very different perspective.

I lack any wit today but if I find it tomorrow I will share with you. :)

And a leg shot for the ladies.....

My doctor.... I got to say.... Having McDreamy tell me bad news today certainly helped soften the blow ;)
image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have been so blessed in many ways and certainly didn't write my post to elicit sympathy nor complain. It was just a gentle reminder to all currently on the Camino that, like life, things don't always go as planned. So to try and be gentle in the process. I have been surprised by a member of my Camino family who bussed in to help me for a few days and then they will bus back to Carrion to continue walking. So how lucky am I?!

I have also been blessed with a bath so am now able to wash :)View attachment 11332

Joy abounds xoxo
How does one post a photo?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Dear kat,

Hello from Paris and SO very sorry to hear about your feet. I'm very glad, however, to read that you appreciate your doctor. ;) That's good news and perhaps you could get to know the good doctor a bit better while you're there.

All the best to you and if you need anything from France PM me.

Sleep well!

Dear Kat! Pilgrimage is not about the distances! It's about your heart and mind! You can be a pilgrim even if you can't move a centimeter och an inch! At home in Sweden I have a book with different pilgrimage themes. In those themes there are suggestions on places in different invironments like in the middle of a city, on a bench (?) just outside the railway station and so on. And right there you can use the 7 keywords when you look around you:
Freedom, simplicity, silence, bekymmerslöshet (can't remenber the english word... Only the swedish...carelessness
?!), slowly-ness, spirituality, charing. You can use one all of them at a time. It's on your choise.
Right now, I am in Calzadilla de la Cueza. We have done our second day on the meseta. Lovely weather but the hardest part, especially when you are 16 as my doughter. To day in the heat, and with not enough food for breakfast (oh yes, we had lots of sandwich, fruit and water in my backpack (we sent her whith Jacotrans today, because of the distance). But our rest days has been like walkin' 10 instead of 18km... We should have stayed in one place for two days for sleeping an so on... So after a throwup, some Tea and tortilla She is a lot better, but tomorrow we will stay here at the hostal and just take it easy. Then taxi to sahagun and train to Leon on sunday. It really isn't about the distance. It's what you are doin' with the time. My daughter is sad that i will miss the rest of the meseta, well of course it's a little bit sad, BUT most important is that this caminojourney is something I do with her. Wi will still have the time together as you will. Take a seat outside the carhedral or a place were there are lots of peregrinas or p'os! Even if you sit, you are on your own camino, and can meet a lot of people!
On monday, or even sunday, I will have my GREEN hat on my head. If you see me, please, do say hey! ! !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi All

ChilledKat:

There is nothing in life so broken it can not be fixed. There is no transgression that can not be forgiven.

Your journey is far from over and I am confident you will find what you need before all is done.

Ultreya,
Joe

Kat,

It occurred to me today that part of journey may be about getting love & support from others. The doctors, your friends that came to be with you & how really loved you are there & on this board. Perhaps, part of this to know how loved & cared about you are. You have managed to have a great support system around you. What a blessing.

Sending you lots of love. Xoxo

Aimee

Dear Kate - so now you know what the Camino is really about - its about finding yourself, falling over, picking yourself up and starting all over again. The Camino forum is now your very extended family - the real respect and love that has been extended you is the more typical of the Camino. Not those uncaring, unthinking ones who suggested that you have failed. You have not failed (I would have put it in capitals but shouting is bad manners!!) - the unthinking ones are the failures.
As an Aussie I fully understand the tyranny of distance - I was in a similar boat on the VDLP last year when I lost feeling in my left foot. Fortunately for me two fellow pilgrims told me that I could not walk the next day (or the day after) the trail was to rough and too isolated. Being a bit older I accepted the advice. A doctor I saw in Salamanca confirmed the advice - I had to become a tourist (no longer walking 20-30 km per day).
It may not seem like it but you are very fortunate to have had the medical treatment you have had. (Is your doctor married?? - may be he can take care of you for the rest of your life!!)

Your feet are going to carry you for the rest of your life and doing permanent damage is not a good idea when you are going to live until you are 90!! Hopefully you will get to experience some of NW Spain - a train or bus to Santiago and a bus to Finnisterre - see the sunset into the Atlantic!!
Keep smiling and Buen Camino!:);):D

Hi Kat,
Happy Birthday and for what it is worth you have not failed, failure is sitting at home and not going the day you left Australia you won. I ended in hospital in Santiago for 8 days after a week holed up in Leon.
I did not have feet problem but I ended up with cronic renal failuar and hade to stop outside of Sarria But like an old fool Im back in September to walk it again the path is always there at you will find it stronger than ever in your heart.
Do not listern to negative people or those back home who do not understand the Camino if your insurance covers your flights rest and keep going if not you will be back stonger next walk I know ..... go girl you are a pilgrim in my eyes and in all thos that understand the Camino.
Peace of heart and mind..

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Kat
Change your profile from virgin pilgrim to a true pilgrim and that jet plane will bring you back, if you want to talk when you get home contact me I have delt with these issues for a year. get to the Cathedral in Santiago any way you can bus train or plane because it will start to make you feel better, alright it will make you more determine to come and walk the path again.
Besides that I listern to the same album.

I can't add more in any meaningful way than what's been posted here for you.. I could pick and choose the best of the best comments increase their font size , Bolden the type and italicize and underline but it still wouldn't convey the sadness I feel for you and your situation . I do feel sad of your loss , as I know the intensity of the planning, the anticipation and expectations .

So Kat .. Start planning again. You now know the pain and can plan around this .. Look at ALL the good folks here that have you in their thoughts . Youve touched a LOT of people . That is a wonderful thing , really .

Hello Kat - I dont have anything to add that hasn't already been said.

I've read this post a few times and felt bad about not saying something... so I just want to say that your legs look fab in those pictures!

I hope you've got folks around you to keep you company and best wishes with whatever you decide... and bah humbug to anyone that says bad things!

I too cannot add anything else that hasn't already been said. I admire your courageous spirit. While unfortunate circumstances have prevented you from your original plans, embrace the experience, mourn it, learn from it and above all else continue with your journey in your own special new way.

~On a lighter side, your pics of your 'new camino' humorously remind me of the silly little garden gnome on vacation :) ~~ "Alis volat propriis ~ She flies with her own wings"

Hi Kat,
Try not to worry about what those people are saying to you, and you must listen to the Doctor's advice with your feet.
Catch the bus, or train to Santiago then just get yourself to here http://www.thelittlefoxhouse.com/ and sit and think about what you have accomplished !
(sorry my pic is sideways, can't seem to get it upright, but that is us last September when we reached SdP)
Julie (also from Australia)

Kat, I was a Navy Corpsman with the Marines and Navy Seal trainees. They would have been stretcher cases within days of onset. After seeing the photo you posted I'm trying to figure out how the *#@@ you managed to walk as far as you did with your feet and legs as bad as they look.o_O Take care, you have a long recovery ahead. With The Utmost Respect Urban T

CIMG3877.JPG This is what I look like with out the cold weather gear.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
When you guys get stuck and need a place to hole up and heal, remember the Peaceable is here for you, right in the middle of the meseta. We have loving dogs, decent food, and lots of silence, and we are right near the Sahagun rail line and the Terradillos bus stop.
Please don't stay in a less-than suitable hostel if you don't want to. Give a call or an IM and we can sometimes come and get you, even (esp. if you are as near as Calzadilla!)
I think enough people here have stayed with us to attest that we are for real..)
Reb.

When you guys get stuck and need a place to hole up and heal, remember the Peaceable is here for you, right in the middle of the meseta. We have loving dogs, decent food, and lots of silence, and we are right near the Sahagun rail line and the Terradillos bus stop.
Please don't stay in a less-than suitable hostel if you don't want to. Give a call or an IM and we can sometimes come and get you, even (esp. if you are as near as Calzadilla!)
I think enough people here have stayed with us to attest that we are for real..)
Reb.
I called in to see Reb and Pat one morning as I walked through this May. There was someone there recuperating at the time who seemed very happy with the care and attention. and yes the dogs are lovely and friendly!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Kat I have read all yours posts, pre camino and throughout. You have an infectious spirit(sorry) and have made me laugh out loud in the middle of a sombre spanish bar. You are with a load of us who have read and continue to read your posts. You are still on The Way with us.
Normally I'm not a feet man but....ay caramba!!
Derwen

Dear Katrina,

Very sorry to have only read of this now and wishing it wasn't this way for you. Also loving how everyone here has been so kind and supportive just as I imagine you would be if this happened to one of us.

Someone above suggested you go relax in Fisterra. That's my vote! I owe you that birthday drink. I will be there Monday. Sunset at the lighthouse would be very nice.:)

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your setbacks. My thoughts are...for what they're worth....the Camino does not care how you experience it...just as long as you experience it. It constantly teaches...and if you listen, it will tell you what you need to do. I met people who had a variety of setbacks and some bussed to Sarria to finish the last 100k...some took early flights home only to come back in the future to resume where they left off. Trust yourself, ignore the judgers and be proud that you took the greatest risk of all by coming halfway across the globe to experience this amazing journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear Kat,
I'm only reading this now because I've been walking, but I just want to say that you are the one with the real camino challenge, not those of us waltzing our way to Santiago. Walking the Camino may be hard, but being forced to stop under conditions like this makes our little challenges seem trivial. If the Camino is an opportunity for growth and gratitude and gaining perspective, you've got it all over the rest of us. As so many others have said, you will take so much from this Camino with you, more than you ever could have imagined. I wish you a full recovery and the chance to return when the time is right. Buen camino, Laurie

Kat, Maybe it will help you to know that you've already helped one person with your story. I'll be a first-time pilgrim in September and reading this has reminded me that what I imagine for my Camino may be far from what actually occurs, and that my best preparation may be in the intention setting around why I am going. And entering with trust that I will get what I am meant to.

I'm in that obsessive excited stage of preparing, it's Camino Camino Camino around my house. This forum is so helpful with choosing shoes and packs and routes. But perhaps the greatest gifts are in reading of the surprises, the things we might consider failures, the ways we can prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually for what may come. Also, the generous outpouring of fellow pilgrims.

Your honesty and graciousness are truly appreciated by this future pilgrim. Blessings to you and your healing feet.

May I jokingly suggest that Doctor MacDreamy may have been worth it :D:oops: Let us know if he decides to come back to Oz with you :)

Seriously though "I wanted more than anything to walk this Camino, to free myself and find myself."" YOU are DOING this right now !

ALL of our lives are a Camino…. walking in Spain is just one version….. walking or not you are on a very special Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Kat,
Try not to worry about what those people are saying to you, and you must listen to the Doctor's advice with your feet.
Catch the bus, or train to Santiago then just get yourself to here http://www.thelittlefoxhouse.com/ and sit and think about what you have accomplished !
Gee - bryn - I wish I had known about your "home" last June - I could have used some of your TLC. Hopefully I am returning to the Camino and I think I will add your home to my rest/recovery time. Cheers

Reb.

That's so generous & kind of you. Xo

€83,-
Hello Kat. I've only read this post today ( was traveling back home from Europe) and can't say enough how much I feel for you. I started reading the post about half an hour ago, hitting the " like" button every so often when I was impressed with a comment. Now, having completed this long story, I think I should have hit the " like" button for EVERY posting! With your great misfortune, you have received so much help and kindness through this great Forum.
I realize that you must feel frustrated not to be able to even wander around, even slowly. I hope that many Pilgrims that come across you, sitting in a wheel chair, can take a while and sit with you, or even accompany you for an hour or two.
Only a while back, I was thinking of making a new post entitled "when things go wrong" your experience is definitely food for thought.
Good luck. Anne

Hi All

This is your camino! And a beautiful one it is, if I may say so. The worst possible journey would be the one with no struggle, the easy-peasy feather in the cap camino that raises one's self esteem but lessens empathy, tolerance and love .

You, friend, are breaking open your heart and your soul and through difficult reflection; finding wisdom. You are experiencing hopelessness and helplessness, which are two core spiritual traits. You are a most fortunate soul. I would love to be a mouse in your pocket and follow you through what I am certain will be an inspirational, well-lived life.

Last edited:
I called in to see Reb and Pat one morning as I walked through this May. There was someone there recuperating at the time who seemed very happy with the care and attention. and yes the dogs are lovely and friendly!

My friend and I dropped by the Peaceable in mid-April. Our cunning plan was to buy Reb and Pat lunch in exchange for some Epsom salts for my friend's feet. (Yes, the lunch at El Castillo WAS marvelous!)

Between Reb, Pat - and his classic big-band music with Bob the Canary working off of Artie Shaw's riff's, and getting our fill of doggy-affection - well, we just made it a day and a night. A simply wonderful experience!

B

I just read a quote about the camino which says, "It wears you out and it drains you, and then it builds you back up again completely. It takes all your strength away and then restores it three times over." I hope that throug your journey, you will find the strength to be built up again.
I tore my minuscus, had fourteen blisters, 2 very infected blisters, and all the lovely side effects of the antibiotics. I too struggled but learned so much from my struggle about the need to listen to my body.
And remember, there is no right or wrong way to do the camino. It is YOUR camino. Don't listen to what people called you. There is so much goodness in the camino to be dragged down by the little negativity that there is.
Buen camino(it is my new life motto)!

Nine years ago, I was working out of the country in a country that holds my heart. I was so happy to have the chance to work there for one year and then one beautiful morning, while I was headed to buy fresh daisies from the flower vendor on the street, I fell, shattered my left ankle and, because I am over achiever, I also broke my right foot!!!

I felt defeated, cheated, and then the
most incredible feelings replace all other emotions.

I was overwhelmed by the lessons I learned during the crisis, the travel back home, the surgery, the seven weeks in a wheelchair, and the following six months on crutches.

I learned to accept and ask for help and to graciously receive three things in return,

The love of my family
The support of my friends
The kindness of strangers

I am today a better person for the experience and when I look back at it, I am at peace with that time and I am so deeply grateful!

May you too find this peace when you think back on this moment in your timeline!

¡Buen camino peregrina!

€83,-
Reb.
Hi Rebekak
I would like to stay as it was in Sahagun that I started to fall apart last year from being ill to losing my wallet (going to the train station) and I know that this part of the journey will be hard for me as I am starting again in September, your contacts would be great. my email is elliminyt@bigpond.com.au
Trevor

I have been wondering how best to respond to all your posts, to find the right words to do your kindness justice. I don't think one can truly appreciate the impact ones written word has. It can destroy or bring life. Yours brought me hope, laughter and at times made me wonder who you were writing about as I don't relate to the person you are describing. Am not being coy, but I am far from brave and courageous. I have merely had some crappy luck on a journey I am pretty privileged to take.

I have had a really tough few days, with my insurance company pushing every button. I have lost it several times and being here alone and with limited mobility has really challenged me. I even went flying off a wheelchair ramp into a glass partition as my hands slipped and I ended up on the floor. I now sport bruises. And a bruised ego.

I still am unsure as to what will unfold. Two doctors has said explicitly I am not to walk the Camino and a third said it might be ok. I have a few days more of treatment left.

So thanks for keeping my spirit afloat. It has been to some very dark places indeed but checking in on the forum has helped me to keep going.

And because Al the Optimist is suffering feet withdrawals here I am currently watching bad TV! ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405273838.188484.jpg

Kat,
If there's any doubt in your mind whether you should continue this Camino, erase it. You will, and can, do it again but don't jeopardize your chances by rushing the healing process. Your body knows best. If your "toes aren't twinkling!", listen to them and fill up on good sangria and tapas.

I have been wondering how best to respond to all your posts, to find the right words to do your kindness justice. I don't think one can truly appreciate the impact ones written word has. It can destroy or bring life. Yours brought me hope, laughter and at times made me wonder who you were writing about as I don't relate to the person you are describing. Am not being coy, but I am far from brave and courageous. I have merely had some crappy luck on a journey I am pretty privileged to take.

I have had a really tough few days, with my insurance company pushing every button. I have lost it several times and being here alone and with limited mobility has really challenged me. I even went flying off a wheelchair ramp into a glass partition as my hands slipped and I ended up on the floor. I now sport bruises. And a bruised ego.

I still am unsure as to what will unfold. Two doctors has said explicitly I am not to walk the Camino and a third said it might be ok. I have a few days more of treatment left.

So thanks for keeping my spirit afloat. It has been to some very dark places indeed but checking in on the forum has helped me to keep going.

And because Al the Optimist is suffering feet withdrawals here I am currently watching bad TV! View attachment 11414

I'm glad you posted. Been praying for you & sending love.

You are very brave & courageous. So many people only dream of walking the Camino. You are there & you are dealing with a lot. You are facing things head on as they come & doing better than a lot of people would.

Try to relax & let go of the negative thoughts & feelings. When the feelings come up avoid resisting suppressing them. Allow yourself to feel them fully & in a few minutes they will dissipate.

You will know your next step in a few days & that's okay. Try to be in the now.

Sending you lots of love & prayers.

Xoxo

Aimee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back