• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

where to stay in Sevilla during Feria

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have been contacted by someone who hasn't quite figured out how to post on the forum, and she has a question I can't really help with. She has realized that her arrival in Sevilla coincides with the Feria, which means hotel rooms are unavailable or outrageously expensive.

Any great ideas about what to do? Thanks, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have been contacted by someone who hasn't quite figured out how to post on the forum, and she has a question I can't really help with. She has realized that her arrival in Sevilla coincides with the Feria, which means hotel rooms are unavailable or outrageously expensive.

Any great ideas about what to do? Thanks, Laurie

In Santiponce there is a nice hotel near the entrance to Italica. Stayed there instead of a night in Sevilla, booked at booking.com. Nice room for 25 euros in 2011. Several buses into Sevilla if you want to spend time there, and an easy start to Guillena when you start walking.
I also arrived in Sevilla at the end of the Easter feria and I found the town too busy for me. Long queue of turists outside the cathedral. Tell your friend about the pilgrim entrance to the chapel where you also can get a stamp in your credential.
Randi

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed at Triana Backpackers Hostel in Triana on the other side of the river from Sevilla. It's a great little hostel in the old gypsy quarter. But you can find them on the internet.

Have stayed in Triana on a number of times, as recently as 4 weeks ago, great. I checked their website last night Wed,night and Sat Sun was available.

Have stayed in Triana on a number of times, as recently as 4 weeks ago, great. I checked their website last night Wed,night and Sat Sun was available.

Many thanks to all who posted. My friend has gotten a room at Triana's, which has the added benefit that she is likely to meet others who are starting out on the Vdlp.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is in a lovely place run by lovely people who take 30 years of yours age. Thank you peregrina2000 for replying.

Triana, a lovely part of town. Stayed there three years ago with a lovely couple of Argentinian/Italian descent. They treated me really well and he even insisted of cooking me a Birthday meal - Pizza of course! I would let you know their address but they have moved to Buenos Aires.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.