• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which guide

Gailsie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Fall '09 ;
I am planning to walk part of the Aragones route beginning at either Somport or Canfranc (dependent on late April weather) in 2014. However, if I continue to have problems with macular degeneration, I may have to move it up to 2013.

When I walked the Frances in 2009 I used the Brierly guide and liked it and plan on buying a new edition again for the Frances stages. Which guide do you use or recommend for the Aragones? I know Brierly has one and the CSJ has one, any other guides out there? Since I will be walking only a few stages I will want something current, with good information and maps or directions. If there is any way I can get lost, I will probably find it.

Gailsie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gailsie said:
Which guide do you use or recommend for the Aragones? I know Brierly has one and the CSJ has one, any other guides out there?...
I have never used a guide but learned from other pilgrims that the Brierly is probably a better one. Considering that you have many months of planning before your intended walk, you should read the comments made by previous pilgrims. You can do this on this excellent Forum or, if you understand Spanish, on various local websites. Depending upon the time of year you will find different circumstances, particularly from a climate point of view. Also check local holidays, which may influence the number of people on tracks and in albergues. Our latest Camino experience (September 2012) can be read on http://www.gumbotropical.blogspot.com
Enjoy your preparations!

Hi Fraluchi
Have really enjoyed reading your blog.Especially on the Aragones section as I am hoping to walk that way end of April next year. Still researching though and hoping to find a walking partner.
I'm curious about the guide. Does John Brierley have one on the Aragones? I will try to get it if so. I have his new version for the Frances section.
Congratulations to you both on your Camino.
Heather

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
camino07 said:
Does John Brierley have one on the Aragones? I will try to get it if so. I have his new version for the Frances section.
Thank you for the compliments. :D
As mentioned before, I have no personal experience of Brierly's guide. Always remember that, even though guides have "2013" on the cover, they were probably compiled not less than 2 years beforehand. The same applies to websites. Forums allow to ask questions and obtain verified (and this must be stated by the writer :mrgreen: ) information.
I like two websites for general information: caminosantiago.com and caminoasantiago.com
There are a number of other websites, often in Spanish without switch for English, which you may want to Google. You'll need a bit of patience, but preparation is part of the coming excitement. :)
Ultreya!

Most read last week in this forum

I got a WhatsApp a little bit ago and also saw here on the forum that @Vacajoe posted that the pilgrim albergue in Canfranc Pueblo will be opening April 16.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back