Alternative 1: Plan it and walk it yourself
The Camino de Santiago Forum was started in 2004, and has since helped many pilgrims plan their walk in Spain. In the forum you will find many veteran pilgrims that can help you with any questions and concerns you may have. Walking the Camino is an adventure that some like to plan themselves, and the forum has helped many do so over the years.
Alternative 2: Organized Camino de Santiago Walk
Then again, there are people that like to have things a bit more organized and prepared. This is what an Organized Group Walk of the Camino de Santiago can offer.
Adiante Travel, located in California, but run by two sisters from Galicia offers 10 days walking Tours from Leon to Santiago de Compostela, that include lodging in small hotels or country manors along the route as well as English speaking guides. Both the guides that they use, Manuel and Sabela, live in Santiago de Compostela and have several years experience as tour guides along the Camino de Santiago. .
They offer Organized Camino de Santiago walks with the following services included:
- 9 Nights/10 Days with accommodation in carefully selected, privately-owned hotels and restored country manors, each with their own private bathroom.
- All daily meals except one lunch and dinner. (We encourage you to choose your own local flavor for those two meals.)
- English-speaking, local, certified tour guides who will be accessible throughout your journey.
- Support vehicle will deliver you to and from daily starting and ending points and provide welcome relief if and when you need it.
- Luggage transfer between accommodations
- Welcome Mass to bless your journey
- Farewell Celebration Dinner
- Guided visits through places of interest
- Pilgrim’s Pack (includes a pilgrim’s passport, scallop shell, detailed route maps for each days segment and more)
- Pilgrim’s Mass in Santiago with guided cathedral tour
- La Compostela, your journey keepsake
- We cater to vegetarians and those with food allergies – milk, eggs, wheat, etc…
If you choose to make a reservation with Adiante Travel…
…please tell them that you heard about them on the “Ivar Rekve’s Camino de Santiago Forum“.
Have a look at the Trip details for more information.