• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

AltoDelPerdon.jpg
jozero

AltoDelPerdon.jpg

Snowy January day atop of Alto del Perdon.
Going up was pretty easy but coming down with those round rocks was a slow, careful process
It isn't fun walking down the hill on a dry Spring day and I can't imagine what you went through. I thought that you might have taken the bike route. What a day that must have been. Did you walk all the way to SJPdP in January/February?

It isn't fun walking down the hill on a dry Spring day and I can't imagine what you went through. I thought that you might have taken the bike route. What a day that must have been. Did you walk all the way to SJPdP in January/February?
During my 2018 walk in January I decided to start in Roncesvalles instead of SJPDP. I did that in January 2016 and the snow was deeper than my knees and was a really really tough day! Starting in Roncesvalles was a nice place to start. Once past the Pyrenees there weren't too many days that were a struggle but perhaps that is because I live in a northern country and grew up walking in the snow :D

Great pic! Not sure if I am brave enough for a Winter Camino though.
I ran away from the UK to Australia 25 years ago to escape the cold and damp :oops:

Great pic! Not sure if I am brave enough for a Winter Camino though.
I ran away from the UK to Australia 25 years ago to escape the cold and damp :oops:
Thanks, Rob. From your videos and the numerous insights you've shared in this forum, if you could find your way to accept hiking in warmer clothes, I think you would love the solitude and opportunity for quiet reflection you would find during a winter Camino. I went for days on end without encountering another soul. I've only walked in January and April, and comparing the two months, April felt like the 2nd half was elbow to elbow... Not my cup of tea but of course, each to their own 🥾

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
jozero
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device