• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are We There Yet?
Robo

Are We There Yet?

Who else finds these signs demoralising?
WEll it really depends upon which "there" you are seeking. From a photo I took in 2015 you are about 3km from Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Amazing that you actually found a "mile post/kilometre post" that still had its distance marker still attached. I took my photo at 580 and for the next 10 or so KM they had all been removed.

Ignoring the km post for a moment...looking at this picture brings back such great memories. It's funny though, on neither Camino do I recall ever coming across a vista like this - one with the road stretching on forever - and having a feeling of "Oh No!". You'd think it would be daunting.
Perhaps by this stage in the Camino we'd become used to seeing the Way as a journey and this was just another wonderful part of it.

I think the signs are annoying. Who needs to know the distance ? I just want to walk and walk. And I do not want to be reminded about that the Camino will have an end.

I think the signs are annoying. Who needs to know the distance ? I just want to walk and walk. And I do not want to be reminded about that the Camino will have an end.

Whilst I respect your opinion, I think these markers are useful if someone (pilgrim or another) is injured and needs an ambulance etc. Yes most mobile phones have GPS data but to be able to give a KM marker is often easier when language is a handicap. Cheers

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
Robo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back