Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino dawn
Great picture. I see you started at Le Puy, France. Beside the longer distance was it good. What if one wants to walk it is it still a good place to start?

My wife and I had started in Geneva, walked through Le Puy onto Auberge, when it began snowing (Oct.), so we stopped. Went back in April and started from Le Puy. Le Puy is a popular starting place and an interesting site on it's own. There are several interesting towns along the way, good accomodations, moderate terrain, all in all a very good trip.

@DLJ
From Geneva, wow! Thank you for the information. I will seriously consider it and research Le Puy. I want my start to be as significant as the destination.

Starting from Le Puy is a beautiful walk. There is one point where a couple of days of walking through corn fields will test your patience, but a very interesting Camino. Enjoy!

Media information

Category
The Le Puy Route
Added by
Bikeguy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename