• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Castrojeriz - Fromista
galliano

Castrojeriz - Fromista

Steeper than it looks - down from Alto de Mostelares, and the Meseta ahead.
This looks like we are down the steep hill after the climb up from Castrojeriz and heading for Itero de la Vega. Gee its a lot greener in early summer than it was in mid September. Cheers:)

D
Was this taken around the Meseta?

@Tal Cherni , Hola Tal it's probably closer to day 3 - assuming day 1 Burgos to Hornillos del Camino; day 2 to Castrojeriz; day 3 starts with an easy 2 or 3 km to the River (io) Odrilla followed by a 250m climb in about 2 km, then there is about 3 km of level going and then is hill (18% slope - or about 1 metre down for every 5 or 6 metres tavelled forward), the gravel has been concreted for about the first 500 metres down the hill - this is also a country road as well a the Pilgrim Camino. Its this green in Spring and early Summer - when I was there in September it was very brown and very dry. Cheers

D
@Saint Mike II , Thanks! I was wondering in which months does the Meseta look more "green" and nice. I will plan my next walk accordingly :)

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
galliano
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
Canon Canon DIGITAL IXUS 100 IS
Aperture
ƒ/3.2
Focal length
5.9 mm
Exposure time
1/640 second(s)
ISO
Flash
Auto, did not fire
Filename
mes_2012.jpg
File size
1.6 MB
Date taken
Sun, 10 June 2012 9:57 AM
Dimensions
3000px x 2250px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back