• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catrojeriz Contrast
DowtyCamino

Catrojeriz Contrast

When we stopped at the Cathedral - the attendant was gruff, but once we lingered he became our guide. He was so used to Pilgrim tourists popping in their head and turning around. He loved that we showed real interest in him and his cathedral and we he blessed us as a result.
We had a very similar experience, once he understood we were interested, he took the time to explain the significance of each artifact or painting. We were there on June 2nd on an unusually cool day, it was nice to get out of the wind as well. Great photo too!

DowtyCamino, what a coincidence. We finished on June 22nd, how about you. There’s certainly a chance we crossed paths.

@DowtyCamino I expect we crossed some place, we spent an extra day in Leon and Astorga, probably where you passed us. There were 4 of us from Texas, Keith (me), Leighton, Renee & Ann.

That is some stunning photo, I remember that plain as a dry, brown landscape, but here the richness and the intensity of colours is something else!

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
DowtyCamino
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
Castrojeriz Contrast.jpg
File size
120.1 KB
Dimensions
1528px x 1016px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back