• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geeks Only #1
Interesting... When it comes to pilgrims from outside of Spain, the spikes are in May and September (from my experience here in Santiago). It it all the pilgrims from Spain that makes the spike happen in the middle of the summer.

I was thinking of going in January, mainly because I keep putting it off due to work. Would this be a really bad time and would the hostels be open? It looks from is graph as if no one goes this time of year?!

@Alex Maclean

Some of the experts here will likely provide more insight but from what I've read there are always places to stay, but in the "off months" there are fewer of them. You may have weather issues at the higher altitudes of course. The Napoleon from SJPdP will certainly be closed for example. But you'll have the Camino to your self practically.

Thank so for your reply. I guess I need to make sure I'm properly prepared with the right kit and do sone research as to what is open. Thanks

NP Ask a question on this forum's page associated with the route you are travelling. You'll get a quick reply. Or better yet search...I'm sure the question's been asked before! :)

My OCD side has gotten the better of me. The horizontal scale on this graph is slightly wonky. The months on the scale don't match the data points on the graph and there are random missing months on the scale (Feb, Apr, Jul, Sep) combined with an extra Jan. There are twelve data points on each of the graphs. Expect you could label the data points from left to right - Jan to Dec and get a slightly more correct interpretation.

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
DowtyCamino
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
Chart1.jpg
File size
95.7 KB
Dimensions
732px x 756px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back