A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Granon Christmas Eve Dinner Table Set for a Feast for 10 Pilgrims and 1 Hospitalero
CISSA69

Granon Christmas Eve Dinner Table Set for a Feast for 10 Pilgrims and 1 Hospitalero

N
@SYates unfortunately my memory of Granon is that of sleeping on the floor on a thins mat, which ended up with a bad back and swollen knee. Three others and myself were barely able to walk in the morning. In Bercianos we had to take a bus to Burgos where I had to stay three days at a small albergue till knee healed. Nevertheless it is a beautiful place where hospitality is awesome.

I slept like an angel on those mats, I rarther suffer when bunk beds arer soft an/or hammocky., and i am a heavy guy of 90 kgs!
Maybe it was the food, the jollity of the communal cooking and dishwashing...everything clicked into action.
must post this someday !

I remember walking into Granon and asking the hospitallera for the whereabouts of a restaurant . 'Why', she replied. 'I can tell you where the shops are and you can bring a donation to our communal meal'. Totally unexpected. Sometimes I think it's best to know nothing when you begin the Camino and then every day and every mile brings surprises. Think the first time I was there was August 2000.

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
CISSA69
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device
SAMSUNG GT-P3110
Aperture
ƒ/2.6
Focal length
2.8 mm
Exposure time
1/9
ISO
Filename
20141224_193033.jpg
File size
972.7 KB
Date taken
Wed, 24 December 2014 7:30 PM
Dimensions
2048px x 1536px

Share this media

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock