• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Robo

Real Pilgrims - Us and Them on the Camino de Santiago

Planning your 1st Camino? What makes a 'real' Pilgrim? How far should I walk? Must I carry a Pack? Long Distance v Short Distance Camino Pilgrims!
Reactions: John Hawke
G'Day Robo, I know that "us and them" feeling about the 100km pilgrims. But then I thought back to the two pilgrims I saw in 2015 between Trabadelo and Las Herrerriass. They were both mobility impaired: one had one prosthesis (made of metalic tubing) the other was in a wheelchair and apparently had lost both legs. I was on my bike and was 500 metres past them when I realised I should have stopped and talked to them. That night in the albergue at Laguna (8km before O'Cebreiro) I thought of the challenge that those two pilgrims were facing. Their struggle was far more difficult than mine. So thanks Robo for making ME think more considerately of those starting in Sarrira.

I have struggled myself with the different 'vibe' of the post Sarria stages.
But perhaps it's 'different' in order for us to learn a few final lessons before we end in Santiago? Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
Robo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back