A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
Resting after a long day
N
this is the albergue where you sleep on mats remember the place had to take a bus from there Beltado due to aching back from sleeping the floor.

So whilst the picture tells a story of "comfort and space" the real story is the bed will kill your back!! Where is it (please)?

N
@SabineP magic don't believe in magic I believe in reality the Christian faith. I pass this place went further on for a comfortable bed; after all " the labourer is worthy of his pay ( comfortable place to sleep )"

Good for you. For me the magic happens when being in such humble places like Granon or Tosantos because I receive unconditional acceptance and a feeling of brotherhood. Despite the humble surroundings I often had the most meaningful talks preparing the food /singing or just quietly listening to the stories of other peregrinos.
Yes it is a spartan environment with the mats but I will keep frequenting these albergues and give a royal donativo.
And of course the next day I might stop in a more luxurious pension to keep up on some sleep should this be necesssary.

N
@peregrina2000 Yes peregrina2000, its is a wonderful cite to see pilgrims entertaining themselves without a cell phone. To converse together and care for one another and their needs.

@SabineP - indeed! magic simply happens. not dependent on a place or a time ... it just IS alive and all around us.
it's not about believing in it or not. (like gravity --- does not require one to believe in it, still happens / works/operates) -
this foto has a quality of a painting ... the warm light, the simple gatherings, solo or with others.
saluti - C

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
Cornishman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
SONY DSC-RX100
Aperture
ƒ/5
Focal length
10.4 mm
Exposure time
1/60
ISO
Flash
Off, did not fire
Filename
Camino de Santiago 316.JPG
File size
388.2 KB
Date taken
Tue, 30 June 2015 4:16 PM
Dimensions
5472px x 3648px

Share this media

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock