• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Self portrait in the snow today 1 March at Manjarin
nalod

Self portrait in the snow today 1 March at Manjarin

I totally fear walking in snow fields, much like a scene from the movie "Wild." You can not see the marking and what do you do if you loose your way.

@biarritzdon When I encountered snow last week it was not a problem. Reason. Most took the road I did not I walked in the snow. I won't take unnecessary risks but I am a photographer and I wanted to photograph the snow. It was not snowing at the time, a blue sky at 9 am,if it gets too deep then it is no problem to retrace your steps noting where you are on the map. It actually was very beautiful and peaceful and good visabality. Regards Dermot

@RENSHAW
I assume you are pulling my leg. In western US states and the mountains in Europe those kind of poles indicate the depth of the snow, in this case if you look a little to the left of the marked pole you will see a second pole and a rope connecting the two indicating a closed road.

@biarritzdon - thrown up to the roof , the pasta when ready will stick . Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Really looking forward to my service - I know it will be hard work!

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
nalod
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
SAMSUNG SM-G360F
Aperture
ƒ/2.6
Focal length
3.3 mm
Exposure time
1/1101 second(s)
ISO
Filename
20160301_084546.jpg
File size
1.5 MB
Date taken
Tue, 01 March 2016 8:45 AM
Dimensions
2576px x 1932px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back