• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The moment of prayer at Cruz de Ferro
ozuraj

The moment of prayer at Cruz de Ferro

I have previously posted how upset I was when I arrived at the Cruz de Ferro and found that in addition to "special objects" there was a lot of "just plain garbage" (half bottles of wine; dirty underwear to mention just two). In this picture we have: a Brizillian flag; someone's T-shirt and right at the front of the picture what may be a burger wrapper!
Yes this is a whinge - but I was given to understand that the Cruz was a place for stones - with messages; some personal notes; or very special mementos. (Happy to be corrected - politely). BTW I love that little chapel and would love for it to be open at certain times or days. Cheer

(2nd BTW - our pilgrims shown above appear to be reflecting (respectfully) on the Cruz and its history!)

A
A lot of myth about the Cruz de Ferro, probably thanks to the Camino travel guides who repeat it year after year, edition after edition.

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
ozuraj
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
IMG_4351_Cruz de Ferro.jpg
File size
960.4 KB
Date taken
Wed, 15 July 2015 7:12 PM
Dimensions
2209px x 3165px

Share this media

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back