• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

st. Jean

Eric1985

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi. Just wondering is it a must to book accommodation in st. Jean to stay the night before I start my camino or would it be safe enough to get a place on arrival.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Most people will tell you to book ahead, it all depends on what time of the year and what time of day you are arriving. If you provide those details you will get a plethora of suggestions.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Eric,

Of course you will travel more relaxed if you do have a reservation for lodging in SJPdP.
However, if you arrive without one the helpful volunteers who run the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with both a Credential and on site lodging assistance. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area. Their office is open every day of the year from early morning to late at night.

Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
C
Eric...May/June begins the tide increase on the Camino. Booking ahead is a solid option. If there are changes in your plans, you can always cancel/change the booking.

Here are two sites:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/etapa-de-saint-jean-pied-de-port-a-roncesvalles

and Booking.com

Check them out.

Buen Camino,

Arn
hee
Eric...May/June begins the tide increase on the Camino. Booking ahead is a solid option. If there are changes in your plans, you can always cancel/change the booking.

Here are two sites:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/etapa-de-saint-jean-pied-de-port-a-roncesvalles

and Booking.com

Check them out.

Buen Camino,

Arn
Cheers arn

msMargaret post: 276119 said:
Eric,

Of course you will travel more relaxed if you do have a reservation for lodging in SJPdP.
However, if you arrive without one the helpful volunteers who run the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with both a Credential and on site lodging assistance. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area. Their office is open every day of the year from early morning to late at night.

Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith
Thank you marga

Hi Eric -- I will arrive in Madrid on May 28 and have made reservations in Pamplona, St. Jean and Orrison -- just so I won't have to add lodging to my "to do" list while jet lagged and transitioning to my Camino :)
May see you walking!
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.